Chapter 100: The end is here

...2015...May 1st...

...Not in America..

A portal appeared in the crossfire. Utter silence filled the room,dust finally came to a settle. I take off the goggles to see a figure appear. My men were coughing, their guns lowered,in this unexpected turn of events. A explosive went off sending some wall material flying down. However the explosive did not seem to hurt the slowly approaching figure. Why did I take off the goggles? I took them off to see a strange and reckless figure.

The flames had made a split apart making a path for the figure straight towards our shelter.

"What the hell is this guy on?" Joe, my second soldier, said with a cough.

"I don't know," I said.

"Maybe he's on something so high it can't be given a name," Hoch, my third soldier, theorized.

The portal had unusually spread out making a shield between the firing shooters and our recently struck shelter.The portal changed from a portal to a force field reflecting the bullets back to the background.I can feel tears coming down ever so suddenly. I could feel some form of recognition already coming to.

I take a step back off from the door.

"Men, back off from the door!" I order my men.

My men back away from the door.

T-Thump went the door. A man walks in with black gorgeous combed back hair, eyes of a cool green gem, and the appearance of a young prince coming from the Edwardian times. He held something in his right hand that is closed. Everyone in the room is staring at him yet the man didn't pay attention to the others. Oddly I can feel his attention is stuck on me, focused, really focused. Memories flash in my mind.

Confusing memories at first.

Is it me or is Tom Hiddleston dressed up as Loki Laufeyson?

"Emily," The Tom Hiddleston Loki dressed man said. "When I said I would find you; I meant it."

I remember;this is Loki, the real and living Norse god. I remember how I first met him as a talking cat. I remembered basically ditching him to the orphanage and then raising him as a teenager. Then everything returned to my memory after that point. The corners of my eyes swell up tears walking towards Loki. I drop my gun to the floor.

I hug Loki, crying, feeling glad to be with him after months.

"I missed you, Loki," I said.

"Ah, was I that late?" Loki teasingly asks as I look up.

"Very late," I said, flicking off a tear. I look towards the active portal acting as a force field. "Is that it?"

"Yes," Loki said.

I could see the glint of the emerald rings in his hand with the carvings 'L' and 'E'.

"And the emerald rings," I said. Loki remembered our conversation about what would make a pair of good wedding rings. "Our rings."

Loki nods.

The men were staring at us, gawking pretty much, in shell shock. I end the hug wiping off what tears had started to come out. Loki turns towards the men and then looks both ways as though checking if there wasn't any oncoming bullets.

"Speak none of this, and I will freeze your nagging opponents," Loki said.

"Yes, we swear!" Joe said, quickly nodding.

"I swear over the grave of humanity's first ancestor!" Hoch joins in.

Loki smiles, turning his head towards me.