That Psychic

...November 23rd, Saturday...

...2013...

Never before had I seen a Psychic require a glass cup instead of a glass ball to predict the future.

Psychic Clarasilla trails her long fingers along the rims of the glass.

"I see an uncertain future ahead for you two," Clarasilla said. "One that threatens to tear lives apart and then mend what pieces remain back together in the aftermath." Loki is acting uncomfortable in the seat. "You'll go through a lot together."

"I am not here about us," I said. "I am here about my kid."

I point my thumb over to Loki.

Clarasilla raises a brow.

"Him?" Clarasilla asks.

"Yes," I said. "The one beside me."

"I refuse to have my future be told," Loki said, with his arms folded. "I know what my future is."

I turn my head towards Loki.

"You do not," I said. "Experience in your past can't reflect your future."

Clarasilla clears her throat.

"I see a future of mischief and...." Clarasilla squints her eyes at the cup full of water. "Hmm..." She stops squinting her eyes at the glass then straightens herself in the seat. "It seems your kid will lead a life far different from yours, Miss Strange. I see your paths diverge later in your lives for what seems to be a long time. I see unusual weapons, power, and places that are not of this world."

Loki rolls an eye.

"Boring," Loki said. "Been there, done that."

"And I see whiteness, just a hazy fog." Clarasilla said. "I don't see your mother much after the unusual sights." She rubs the side of her head. "I am getting a headache. I can't see anything for her. Nothing. All I hear is static." She puts her hand down. "But what I am able to see is...darkness, fear, and guilt."

I get up from the table

"Okay," I said. "I didn't come for a full reading on me."

"Believe it or not; having a association to someone can extend further from parenthood." Loki said. Loki, smiling, turns his head towards Clarasilla. "Do go on."

"And you, Loki,will be on a search during that darkness for her." Clarasilla said, darting her eyes towards Loki.

I put some cash on the table and head towards the exit.

"Thank you for proving a point," Loki said, getting up.

Note to self: never go to a Psychic again.

"Loki, you proved a fruitless point about wondering in the darkness for me," I said.

"No," Loki said. "I have a different point. Never trust a 'Psychic' for one reading."

"Emily Strange!" Clarasilla shouts.

I turn towards Clarasilla.

"Yes?" I said.

"May the spirits be with you on this difficult journey," Clarasilla said, taking my hand. "It won't be easy."

I take my hand out of hers.

"Nothing is easy," I said, laughing it off.