7th Tuesday, continue...

"Want to eat the pancakes?" He asked "actually yeah" I said and smiled. We swam to the shallow part of the lake and got out. I was still only in a bra and underwear and he was in boxers.

"Here" he said and gave me his hoodie "I have mine that I can wear" I said "what are you going to wear when we leave?" He asked "well what are you going to wear?" I asked "just take it!" He said playfully and put his sweats on. I sat down on the ground and threw his hoodie on. He walked to the car and grabbed our food.

I waited and brought my knees up to my chest and hugged myself. He came back and sat next to me. His top half of his body was still wet but he'd eventually dry off.

"Thank you" I said and took my food. I opened it and grabbed the fork then started eating slowly. "Never thought I'd like cold pancakes but I think I like them better" he said as he ate.

"I know! What about cold pizza? Do you like it?" I asked "I've never had it" he said "what!" I said surprised "yeah" he said and smiled "omg, we have to go get pizza after this" I said "yeah we do" he said and crossed his legs. We continued eating and talked.

"Are you planning to go back in there?" He asked "with you yeah, not alone" I said and looked at the water "what you like me now?" He asked and chuckled "I've always liked you, in either way" I said and looked at him we made eye contact and the tension was building.

Will I break down if I kiss him right now? Am I ready to do this? Should I give myself more time? Does he want to even kiss me? What if he doesn't want to because he wants me to take my time? Or what if he just doesn't want to kiss me?

I get closer to him and he does too.

I don't know if I'm ready.

I pull away and break the tension. "I can't, n-not now, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that." I say and apologize.

He gives me a small smile, almost like a reassuring one, almost telling me that whatever happened would have been fine with him and he wouldn't judge me for it or blame me.

"I'm confused on why you're apologizing, it is okay that you did want to, I understand, plus we're supposed to be broken up right now, it's what's best for you, don't ever doubt that" he said and side hugged me. I put my head on his shoulder and he just stayed there until I pulled away.

"Thank you" I said and no longer felt ashamed or guilty for not kissing him. He kissed my head and I smiled. "Anyway, were you wanting to get back in?" I asked "if you want to" he said. I thought about it but decided I wanted to leave. "Can we go?" I asked "yeah" he said and got up then helped me up. I picked my tray up and handed him it because he was going to go throw them away.

I walked to the deck and grabbed my clothes. I walked back and waited for him to come back. "Are you ready?" He asked "yeah" I said and opened my door but he shut it and opened it back up for me. "Oh, thank you" I said startled then thankful. I got in and he walked around.

We started driving home and I was still wearing his hoodie. The water from my hoodie was getting his hoodie wet and I felt bad cause he might've wanted to wear it later.
——————————————————
"I'll be upstairs" I said and walked up the stairs. "Okay, I'll be up there in a sec" he replied and stayed downstairs. The door to his room was slightly opened and I walked in.

I sat on the bed and just looked at his room. Only the bed was different, everything else was still the same and in the same spot. I got more in the center of the bed and leaned back on the headboard.

I got on my phone and just sat there trying to forget what had happened to me in his room because I didn't want one traumatic memory to keep me from being in here.