XXXVIII ; Kill The Lights

- Ah, here we are! The famous Lincoln center.

Minho part-opens his mouth looking up at all those lights above their heads. They reflect in his eyes as he lets out a slight exclamation.

- Woahhh...

Glad that the sight pleases him, Hyunjin smiles fondly and extends his hand to the smaller one. He gazes back at him and quickly slides his fingers between his, entwining them together as his expression changes.

- It's pretty isn't it?

- It is, yeah...

His contemplation does not end directly. The interior of the building turns out to be just as impressive as the exterior and leaves the oldest smug.

Hyunjin couldn't wipe his smile from seeing the smaller one thrive like this.

When they both arrive in front of the various posters, Minho releases the taller boy's hand to slip away to the counter where employees caught in time are smiling at customers who are also frozen.

- Let's see the movie options...

While Hyunjin tries to figure out which movie would be the scariest, the brunette helps himself to a bag of popcorn and a single glass of juice. He tells himself they'll surely share.

Walking back to Hyunjin with the small snack in hand, he smiles impatiently.

- You found one?

- Oh, I think so...

- Great! Let's go!

*****

Eyes hidden behind his hand, Hyunjin keeps dipping into the bag of popcorn.

It looked like he was stress eating.

As for Minho, he couldn't take his eyes off the taller one. The film didn't really matter to him.

- I have to say... I'm already regretting the idea...

Minho chuckles silently and lays his head on the taller boy's shoulder after taking a sip or two of their drink.

- Don't worry, it's just a movie. Nothing's real.

Feeling the smaller one on his shoulder, Hyunjin manages to calm down a little and relax his tense muscles at the same time. He passes the bag to the oldest who takes the opportunity to steal a few bites of their snack.

- You're right...

*****

The credits are now scrolling on the big screen but Minho no longer feels the swarthy's comfortable shoulder, on the contrary, his head is resting on the seat next to his.

He rubs his eyes and stretches silently before yawning.

Hyunjin is no longer next to him.

- Hyun'?

He asks calmly, looking around.

- Hyunjin?

Silence serves as his answer.

He gets up and walks between the rows of red benches to try to find an exit in the room. The little lights on the edges of the exit corridors hadn't come on yet, and the room is still plunged into darkness.

The brunette still manages to find his way to the door on which is written "Exit C" and he pushes on the door but it does not open.

- What...?

He flickers his eyes as he turns towards the room plunged into darkness and lit only by the low luminosity of the credits which are still scrolling on the screen.

- Ahh... I see... You wanna play, Hwang...

He raises an eyebrow and smiles to himself as he steps back through a new row of seats, reaching another door that reads "Exit B." This one also does not open.

- Well, the game can be played by two...

He repeats his actions, finding himself in front of a new locked door.

Suddenly, the credits music stops and the screen goes black. Impossible to see where you are stepping.

- Tss. Cliché!

Minho pulls his phone out of his back pocket to use as a flashlight and begins to walk slowly towards the front of the room.

The floor in front is raised, demonstrating that the room may also be used as a stage for plays or even orchestras and conventions.

He climbs the three small stairs at the corner of the stage and goes through a door that leads him behind the stage wall, the backstage.

- Gosh... It's really dark in here...

Minho feels a wave of warmth invade him as a touch of stress is felt in him.