II ; May Tomorrow Begin Like A Dream

Laying down on the right side's bed, the one near the window which overlooks the sleeping city of New-Jersey, Hyunjin is still trying to put the dots on the i.

Eyes fixed on the beige ceiling of their hotel room, the younger frowns and decides to speak up again, hands underneath his resting head.

- I don't understand... What could they have possibly wanted from us?

For a short amount of time, a brief silence fills the entire room.

In the bathroom, facing the mirror, Minho is observing his own reflection and is holding back his tears. Something is keeping him from sharing his voice and letting it be heard. A lump in the throat. Or an invisible hand that's squeezing it.

- Min'...?

Hyunjin lifts his head up without moving his body too much. He is way too exhausted to get up anyways.

The dark blond haired one bites his lips in a not-so-soft way before finally giving him a response.

- I honestly have no idea... Maybe our wallets, or something else that has value.

- Like our lives...

Minho frowns before closing the bathroom's lights and getting out of it, showing himself to the swarthy as he's walking into the room, wearing his pajamas.

- Hyun', I think we should just stop thinking about it and get some rest. We have a busy day tomorrow. And also, we promised that we would have fun... You remember that?

- Yeah, yeah, I remember. You're right. All that matters is that we are safe and sound, so let's forget about it all.

Hyunjin lifts himself up on the bed and lets the smaller one see a soft smile, which makes him small in return, despite the stress that's not quitting his body.

- Hey, come here.

He opens up his arms for Minho to find his way into it and find a certain comfort. The smallest in size seems to hesitate for a short time but he ends up accepting and getting closer for the hug. He wraps his arms around him in return and closes his eyes, this feeling that someone or something is squeezing his throat getting worse for some kind of reason.

- Thanks Hyun'.

Hyunjin caresses the smallest's back and whispers some simple and comforting words to ensure that he understands he is safe here and with him.

The embrace lasts for a certain moment before Minho is the one to put an end to it, standing up again to return to his bed.

- Are you sure you don't wanna sleep with me in my bed? Maybe you'd feel more safe.

- I think I'll be able to survive the night... But I'm taking your offer in consideration. If I wake up in sweat tonight, I'll know where to sneak in.

The swarthy's offer at least amused Minho a little.

Hyunjin offers the boy one last smile and settles down more properly on his bed before stretching his hand out to the small lamp standing on the nightstand between the two beds.

- Good night, Minho.

Minho in turn settles down on his bed and ends up gazing into his interlocutor's stare, smiling back at him in his own way.

With a bit of a more reassured look on his face, he answers;

- Good night, Hyunjin.

After these words, the taller one turns off the light, completely darkening the room. An obscurity in which silence reigns and in which it would be easy to lose yourself in thoughts.

The two boys close their eyes, ready to dive in a deep sleep.

Tomorrow will be another day.