XI ; Overview

- I... I'm coming.

Hesitantly, Minho takes a first step forward, then a second.

Unable to go any further, his heart beating a thousand miles an hour, he looks up at the taller one and gives him a nervous laugh, accompanied by a clumsy little smile.

- You don't have to wait for me, I'll join you.

Hyunjin blinks in confusion before he shrugs and turns to walk towards the many panes of glass that serve as the walls of this magnificent room.

Without voices or noises, the atmosphere of the place was almost more magical.

The footsteps of the tallest resound in this deadly silence. Once close enough to the windows, he puts his hands on them and tilts his head to be a spectator of the magnitude of the situation.

Minho, meanwhile, remains frozen inches from the elevator, as if clinging to it.

With one hand, he rubs his left arm, now staring at the ground.

He doesn't dare look up again. Above all, he doesn't want to have to stare at such horror and from so high up.

- Nothing...

The swarthy's voice echoes around the room, causing the smaller boy's head to raise slightly.

Hyunjin uses silence as suspense before opening his mouth again.

- Nothing is working... Everything has stopped... I don't see anything moving or lighting up... Nothing at all.

He ends up turning to the brunette, who still hasn't moved.

Seeing that he's not really in his best state, Hyunjin walks towards Minho again and brings a hand to his neck, visibly confused by the behavior of the oldest.

- Minho? Is everything alright?

His eyes finally lift to face the view behind the taller one and he breathes softly.

- It's really high... Too high...

The threads connect in the mind of the older one and he immediately takes one of Minho's arms to put it around his neck, the other hand on his waist.

- I completely forgot... Let's go back quickly in the elevator.

With a bit of force, Hyunjin manages to drag Minho back into the metal box, where he immediately presses the downstairs button while releasing his friend.

- I'm sorry Min', I should've thought about it...

He says as the images of the city on pause scramble his brain.

Minho, noticing the state in which these images put him, decides to ignore the stress he is experiencing to listen to what the tallest has to say.

- Don't worry about me, tell me what's going on in your head right now.

Seeing that Minho is serious about those words and doesn't seem to want anyone to pity him, Hyunjin sighs slightly and nods his head, still staying quite close to the smaller one, in case he faints or collapses.

- I'm speechless... But we'll find a more down-to-earth place to concoct a plan and solve this problem...

Hyunjin offers a sweet smile to the little one and he brings a hand to his hair to caress it tenderly.

- Don't worry, everything will work out fine.

❦︎

Once again, double update because I'm extremely generous~ 😽