IX ; Believe It Or Don't

...

Hyunjin shakes his head slightly as he stands there, his wet hair falling a little in front of his eyes.

- It's... It's totally impossible... I refuse to believe it...

- So the entire population of New York has agreed to play a completely stupid joke on two complete strangers who happen to be tourists, like most of the people who are here, around us??

In total denial, the swarthy frowns and bites his lower lip. He finds it hard to believe. Too hard.

- Mmm...

- And all those people we met on the road... Do you really think it's a set-up?

The oldest comes to stand in front of the skeptic and he puts his two hands on the soaked fabric that covers his shoulders.

- Do you really think that a joke of such magnitude would be feasible!?

Minho gradually plunges into madness while he too can't get used to the idea that the situation is real, that it is a reality.

Hyunjin, seeing himself almost frightened by the smallest's new behavior, grabs his shoulders in turn, but instead of just leaving his hands there, he shakes him violently and raises his voice to bring him back to his senses.

- Calm down, okay!? We're going to find a solution to this... this problem, okay!?

He himself is not sure of his words, but his gestures were enough to pull Minho out of his trance.

Minho blinks and removes his hands from the taller boy's shoulders, pulling back a bit as he lowers his head.

He seems to start thinking.

- What are you doing, Min'...?

- I'm trying to understand...

Hyunjin purses his lips, remaining silent to make it easier for Minho.

After a few moments, the brunette opens his mouth again, although he looks uncertain.

- First, if we want to solve the problem, we should find the reason why it happened. There must be a cause for this mess... Something that triggered this disaster...

Hyunjin also begins to think along with him. One hand on his chin and the other under his elbow, he answers in a dubious tone;

- How do you know it didn't just happen by chance...?

The various lights of the sleeping town reflects in the smaller's dark eyes as he gazes back at Hyunjin.

- Nothing happens by chance. There's a reason for everything... And maybe... with an overview of the problem or... a little hindsight, we could find an answer, or even a clue!

Something clicks in his head as he says his words.

Minho grabs the swarthy's hand and pulls him towards him as he suddenly leads the way to the car they "borrowed".

Minho then takes the wheel himself and Hyunjin, seeing himself forced to take the passenger side, sits down and puts on his seatbelt.

- Where are we going like this...?

The smallest adjusts his seat, the mirrors and finally, the rear view mirror, in which he casts a glance before switching on the ignition by inserting the key-starting the car-and using a much more confident tone than the one he had earlier.

- One world trade center, baby.

❦︎

Double update for today because I feel like it. 😌

Aren't I so generous? 🥴

Stan Cravity y'all, and stay safe. ♡