XIII ; Promise Me

The small cafe where the two friends have taken refuge to escape the rain and reflect on the situation is once again silent.

Hyunjin finds his drink and takes a few sips of it while Minho seems to hesitate, unlike Hyunjin, who seemed to think rather than hesitate.

The brunette puts his elbow on the small round table between them and he rests his cheek against the palm of his hand, swirling the hot liquid in his cup.

- You know... If I tell you my dream, chances are it will never come true... So I understand why you prefer not to tell me about yours.

Hyunjin raises his eyebrows slightly as he finishes his coffee, quietly. He remains silent for a moment but then looks down at the little one's somewhat scratched arm.

A sad smile forms on his lips as he nods slightly.

- Indeed... I would be afraid that it would never come true if I told you about it.

Minho, understanding, offers the taller a gentle smile. So sweet and so reassuring.

Looking up at his smile, Hyunjin gets lost in it for a short moment.

- If one day your dream comes true... Promise me to tell me what it was about.

The brunette raises his hand in front of himself, highlighting his little finger.

The swarthy finally finds Minho with his gaze and he lets out a breathy laugh as he joins his little finger to the boy's in front of him.

At this moment, the dim lights of the cafe reflect in their eyes and their smile is emerging at the same time.

Despite the stopped clocks and the lack of sound, the atmosphere is more than pleasant.

But when their fingers separate, Hyunjin regains his senses and he points his chin at the arm of the smaller one.

- We should find a pharmacy to treat this.

- Do you think it's really necessary?

- It would be a shame for it to get infected and then be hard to treat afterwards.

The injured boy sighs before quickly finishing his chocolate milk.

- And also... We should find you a new top.

- Mmh... Alright, alright.

The two boys get up and the smaller goes behind the counter to put the empty cup there while the older goes to the trash can to throw his cup.

They then go outside, where their mean of transport is.

They board and eventually search the streets for the nearest pharmacy, which won't be hard to find given their location.

*****