"Our Forever"

Back at timeline:

~ 4 months later ~

"Are you sure?" Laswell asked me as she handed me the paper.

"Very sure" I said as I readied my pen.

I read the entire paper in front of me...I can't believe what I'm doing. I am closing the Ghosts unit officially...We will no longer exist.

I never thought this moment would come...what started as an impossible dream of Elias, Merrick and Rorke...ended up being the best trained and perfectionist unit will ever exist in the whole world...but good things also come to an end.

And now it's time to say goodbye....

Finish reading from the paper and sign. I handed the paper to Laswell and with tears of happiness...I gave her a smile while I took off my mask.

Everyone in the meeting room who was Task Force 141 looked at me.

"Welcome back, Maely." Laswell said to me with a huge smile.

I gave her a huge smile as my tears fell down my cheeks.

"You're free now, Maely. War is over." Laswell said as she walked over to me.

She had tears in her eyes too....
"W-what?" I asked her.

"War is over." Laswell opened her arms and hugged me. Hearing her words I couldn't resist and cried in her arms.

Millions of flashbacks and memories of the traumas came into my head just hearing "war is over."

I am done. I fulfilled to my last breath my promise and oath. I am done. I am free.

It's all over.

"I'm-I'm free?" I asked between sobs to Laswell.

"You always were, my child. Only you didn't see it. Your own burden of conscience and punishment...your chains that you walked with it day by day were out years ago...you just refused to let them go, but now it's time to let go and live."

/ /

"I'm going to miss you so much, Maely." I turned to the left and Farah was standing there looking at me.

I gave her a sweet smile- "Same here."

Farah walked over to where I was and gave me a tight hug. We didn't stop hugging for a solid 2 minutes.

"Where are you going?" Farah asked me as we stopped hugging.

"To the farm." I replied with a smile.

"Is that what you want?" Farah asked me.

"The reality is yes. Besides the fact that that was the place where I spent my whole life hiding..it was also a very special place for me, it was where I grew up, laughed, learned, loved, cried and met so many humble people full of kindness. It's a peaceful place and it's my land now...Merrick left it to me."

"And ghost?" Farah asked me again.

"We honestly haven't had a clear conversation about what we will do now...about our relationship...but we should have it as soon as possible."