"Purple heart"

Maely's pov:
Dream/flashback:

"Don't let your guard down, Charlie." Elias said while he looked at me.

Then Hesh approached me with the knife, my job was to disarm him without getting hurt and without taking more than 5 seconds.

Hesh was taller than me, we've known each other and lived together since I was 16 and he was 18.

Thomas Merrick took custody of Nohan and me after my father literally went 'Rogue' and killed my mother along with several other politicians and superiors. But we live with Elias Walker and his two sons, on his farm...where we had spent our years here preparing for a unit they are forming called "The Ghosts".

Hesh walked up and moved the knife to my right side, I jumped back, waited for him to let his guard down a little, kicked hard at Hesh's forearm making him drop the knife and with that I took the knife and stood behind him and put it to his throat.

"You are dead." I said to him.

Elias started to applause for me while he gave me a smile- "good job, Charlie." He said coming over and giving me a hug.

I feel happy...because even though Elias is not my father...our bond is like of daughter and father just like with Thomas...they have taught me what love is between daughter and father. What my biological father never gave me.

"Good kick, Maely." Hesh said as he looked at me.

"Thank you, Heshy." I said looking at him....

2:45am

I couldn't sleep thinking about everything I've been through...like what I really feel....sometimes I see my mother standing there looking at me full of blood...I see her ghost...or when at night I suffer from my sleep paralysis...I see my father's shadow coming towards me...along with a gun. But no one knows that...because I know it sounds crazy...I know what it looks like...and I'm not crazy.

I got up from my bed and walked to the kitchen to eat cereal...I opened the fridge to get the milk, got a bowl and the cereal.

Then I grabbed the spoon and threw it into the corner of the living room where it was dark...but I know someone is there.

"Ouch! Why are you throwing the spoon at me?!" Hesh came out of the darkness.

"Because you tried to scare me." I said as I continued to pour my cereal.

"And if it hadn't been me and it had been a real enemy, you would have thrown the spoon at it to scare it away. My goodness, you sure are stupid." Hesh said to me while he laughed and walked to my right side.

"No, I would have thrown the kitchen knife." I said taking my spoon from Hesh's hand.

"Why are you awake?" Hesh asked me but I can't tell him the real reason...I must tell him something else...but I don't want to lie to him...I better change or evade the question.

"Why are you?" I asked him as I gave him a smile.

"I know what you're doing...it won't work on me. You know we are being trained by the same man. So, tell me why can't you sleep?" Hesh gave me a smirk.

Damn.

"Because I'm hungry." I told him.

"Charlie...you can trust me." Hesh said again.

"I know...but- not now..." I said...

"Okay." Hesh answered me.

I stared into his eyes...I walked over to him and hugged him. Our embrace felt very strong and full of mixed feelings.