"Russia"

"I know who you think I am...I'm not her."

I stared at Ghost for a few seconds and then took my eyes off of him.

Don't judge me...I've literally known him for 2 weeks, I don't know who he really is, or his history or anything...I don't know anything about him outside of what is necessary to work with him.

I know he is British, currently has no family, is one of the best soldiers in the entire military and had a relationship with former Sgt. Melina Gates, who was the daughter of 'Sandman' and stepdaughter of Capt. John Price; who is the captain of Ghost Riley.

Interesting relationships.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to. I know it was unprofessional to have kissed you." Ghost said looking away...was he embarrassed?

Cute.

"D-don't worry about it. Besides...our lips didn't actually touch...so- I guess that doesn't count." I told him ruefully...stop-why am I doing this?!

"Whatever-I know I did it without permission or consent." Ghost said.

Wow, a man who cares and cares about consent?! Wow! I love it!

I guess- I guess he's not that idiotic as he looks....

"Really, I'm fine. We're fine." Saying that to him, Ghost looked back at me. I gave him a smile even though he couldn't see it....

"Thanks."

I looked at him confused- "why?"

"You saved me. You pulled me out of the building, if I had stepped on that floor we would have exploded into a million pieces, but you- you stopped me and realized it was a trap. So thank you."

It's true...I saved his life.

"Oh- Well...you're my partner...I can't let you die that easy." I told him in a joking voice.

Then...I heard him laugh.
Which shocked me...he had the sincerest, sweetest laugh I had ever heard in my entire life...my cheeks started to redden, I didn't have to look at them to realize they were...they felt so hot.

"I'd like to get to know you better, Maely." Ghost said

Get to know me, better?

"Why?" I asked.

"You're a box full of mysteries...and I like mysteries." Ghost said.

"I don't think you can take it." I said.

"Test me." He replied.

We stood staring at each other even though we couldn't see each other well because it was all dark....
"What do you want to know?" I asked.

"What happened in Russia?"
His question- I wasn't really expecting it.

I gave him a laugh- "there are a million questions you can ask to get to know someone and you choose that one?"

"I'm different." Ghost said.

"Well...I can't tell you much. Almost everything is classified."

"Why were you there?" he asked again.

"Undercover mission. We were in Russia for two years. We were to investigate Russian relations with Shepherd, we didn't find much. It was basically a waste of time. A lot-a lot of things happened over there." I said trying not to think about anything.

"What happened over there?"

Fuck.

//Flashbacks//

Russia:

My mission is to pretend that I am a secretary inside the Russian parliament...secretary to the secretary of defense, Vladir Federov....one of Shepherd's top businessmen.

I have been working for this disgusting man for 1 years...he is a man unfaithful to his wife to whom he has been married for over 7 years and they share a family of 3 children. He is also corrupt just like the entire parliament...and he likes young women like me.

He likes to touch my legs and my hair....it's really gross as hell when he does it...but I have to allow it even if I don't want to.... because of the information about Russian defenses.

"Katrina?" I lifted my head forward.

There were three men standing in front of me, but the one in the middle looked quite familiar, his face?

"Yes? Do you have an appointment?" I asked as I looked at the list in front of me on the computer.

"Yes." The man answered me.

"Name?"

"Vladimir Makarov."

Makarov...this mission couldn't get any worse.

"Oh! Yes-you're on the list. Follow me." I said getting up of my chair.

Makarov started to follow me and I could feel his gaze on my ass all the time...Makarov is very well known by women in Russia as a rather beautiful man and he is...he's a ladies man that takes your breath away, his presence always makes you kinda nervous, but...what a disgusting person.

I knocked on Vladir's door and entered- "makarov arrived." I informed him.

Vladir got up from his chair and smiled at Makarov- "OHHH MAKAROV! MY COMRADE! Come tell me about the business in Budapest!"

Makarov went over and greeted him....

"Katrina, you can leave the office now." Vladir said to me. So he doesn't want me to hear about this business?

"Okay!" I said with a smile, opened the door and walked out.

I walked to the ladies room and took out a satellite phone from my makeup bag...I only have exactly 1 minute to talk without the phone being traced.

"Charlie? Everything okay?" Hesh answered.
They are always around the parliament undercover in case of emergency.

"Makarov is with Vladir. They're talking about some business in Budapest."

"Budapest?" Hesh asked.

"Yes."

"Okay, I'll tell Neptune to look into it, be careful."

"Sure." Then I hang up.

/ /

3 hours later.

I was finishing up paperwork for several of Vladir's jobs when I heard the door finally open. I stood and waited.

Vladimir came out along with the two other men accompanying him who were most likely his bodyguards.

"Have a nice evening, Belova." Makarov said to me as he walked.

My last name...my pretend name for this mission was Katrina Belova...how did he know my last name?!

"How do you know my last name?" I asked making him stop.

He gave a smile and walked over to where I was...he had his hands in his pockets- "for a Russian, your accent is very slight...don't you think?"

Fuck.

"Are you trying to flirt with me?" I tried to use double manipulation.

Vladimir gave a laugh- "sorry, you got me. Do you have a romantic relationship with anyone?"

It worked.

"No, why?"

"Did they tell you about the parliament party?" he asked moving closer to my desk.

"Yes...I'm obliged to go."

"Perfect...I'll wait for you there, Katrina Belova."