"Room 122"

I left walking as fast as possible until I got to Hesh's room. He wasn't there so perfect I just need to be alone. In my room I won't be alone now because Melina will be there too.

Closing the door, I sat on the floor with my knees bent, I took off my helmet and my mask. I felt my chest want to burst into tears...my heart ached and my breathing was labored.

I put my head on my knees and hugged my knees as I gently rocked back and forth trying to calm down.

Then the door opened and Hesh walked in. I already had a tear or two in my eyes and seeing him quickly I dried my eyes.

"I told you." Hesh said as he leaned back on the door and took off his helmet and mask.

"If you came to rub it in my face that you were right you can get the fuck out, besides now you want to talk to me?" I said trying to hold back the urge to burst into tears.

He was right. Simon was going to break my heart and he did.

"Yes I came here to rub it in your face that I was right, I'm always right. But I'm not going anywhere and I'm staying here with you, whether you like it or not." Hesh walked over to me and sat down next to me.

"Why do you want to talk to me now? You've been ignoring me all this time." I said.

"I wasn't ignoring you, I just wanted you to realize everything and look now, you saw it with your own eyes."

I looked Hesh in the eyes-"did you know she was alive?"

"No. But I had my suspicions, Neptune was the one who brought us his suspicions. That was when you were in Switzerland. It was very clear that if she was alive and came back, he was going to run off to her. He's a stupid, blind man who doesn't see the difference." Hesh said taking off his gloves.

Then my tears kept falling from my cheeks.....

"Come here. Don't worry. You are and always will be better than her. It's his loss. You don't need him, remember who you are and where you came from." Hesh grabbed me by the waist and pulled me to him as he hugged me.

My head is now on his chest...he's right...I need to remember who I am and where I came from. I don't need to have him by my side....

I am fucking First Sergeant Maely 'Charlie' Callahan.
And I went through a lot of dark things to become who I am right now. Worse things than a broken heart by an asshole.

/ /

Next day:
7:00pm

We were all on the plane. My unit was all seated on the left side of the plane while on the other side in front of us was Task Force 141. We were all quiet at least my unit.

We were on our way to Germany where Vladir Federov was supposedly on business.

Merrick and Price and Laswell were not with us, they stayed on base and would only help us via channels and satellites.

So leadership was passed to Keegan in our unit and in the Task Force unit it was passed to Ghost Riley.

The ghosts' channel activated-"GET READY" Keegan told us as he stood up from his seat.

We all nodded our heads in agreement and began to stand up, I began to get everything well settled including my parachute.

"Watch y'all ankles, make sure your flares are securely tied down." Keegan ordered us.

We all checked our flares and they were fine. We checked the chutes of the fellow in front of us in my case it was Logan and behind me it was Hesh.