CHAPTER 37

Laura

The appointment Indigo had booked with me was a waste because both of us were drowned with pack work. The events were coming up and we had missed so many days of work and now it was loading on our backs, especially Indigo's.

He wasn't home for the past two days and I was myself taken with work. Violet's blood reports were waiting to be checked and I wanted Indigo to be there at the clinic. It was when I went to the pack house to check on everything, Indigo said we could go see the doctors. So we were on our way to them, walking hand in hand. "I was thinking Violet could go explore the grounds." Indigo said, making my eyes go wide.

"That would be amazing! She'll love you more for that." I chuckled.

"I know. I'll take her tomorrow." He said.

"I'm going sparring everyday now." I told him.

"Since today?" He asked.

"Yep. Sessions begin at ten so I have a few hours to spare."

"Hmm. They'll love seeing you more." Indigo smiled, looking down at me.

"Did you reach out to dad?"

"I did. They're still on it."

"Are our warriors comfortable with them?" I asked.

Indigo smiled looking at me. "They are. Your parents are guiding them well."

"Why'd you smile?"

Indigo just shrugged. "I swear I will take no future appointments for you." I warned.

"Your loss." Indigo laughed.

"Oh my! Do you hear yourself?" I rolled my eyes.

"I can make an appointment anytime I want." Indigo grinned.

"Oh fuck off! You're off the topic. Tell me why were you smiling."

Indigo chuckled. "You started." He said and I glared at him. "I don't want to spoil the surprise."

"What surprise?" I asked too quickly. .

"Your mom warned me, woman! I won't tell you!"

"Goddess! You're such a pathetic surprise keeper." I rolled my eyes.

"You asked me!" He growled.

"And you fell for it." I laughed. "So what's the plan?"

"Hell no! You're not getting anything from me." He pushed me away, holding my face.

"Not my face, you idiot!" I growled and he did it again.

"You'll be seven feet under if you do that again." I glared at him, making him laugh.

We almost reached the clinic and Indigo held my hand, kissing it. Going in, the doctors and healers greeted us with pretty smiles. "Alpha, Luna."

"Hey everyone." I said and we all took a seat.

"How's everything on the report?" Indigo asked, suddenly growing impatient. I held his hand to assure him I was there with him.

"The potion that our healer gave her, like she said, had to work. And we are happy to say it did." She smiled, making our hearts race. I looked at Indigo who just stared at her wanting to know more. "It just worked post her shift." I nodded.

"That means we can administer doses to her everyday just so the medicine finds its route in her system and her body gets familiar with it so that her next shift wouldn't make her suffer as much as it did now." She said and the healer nodded.