CHAPTER 8: A New Beginning

As I had informed earlier, Indigo's PoV is gonna be the same for both the books. This chapter is the same as chapter 20 of 'Found'.
I wanted to keep it this way so that you guys don't miss on things.
Enjoy!

**********************

Indigo

After hearing all my little one had been through, my wolf whined in the back of mind. He wanted revenge from the witch that did this to her. He was fighting to break free and make sure he ended anyone who even dared to harm her. He was pacing and pacing in my mind, wanting to be let out, scratching his claws against me. To say he was angry was an understatement. He was pissed to a point where he was only seeing blood of his enemy.

His emotions were clouding mine, stopping me from thinking straight. The inner rage and turmoil I felt was just that we had felt years ago. 

Six whole years! Every fucking month! She had been going through pain that no one else could ever take. Not even me. It would only lead to death. 

Just how on earth did she manage it all these years?

The first shift was never easy. If there was a day in life that werewolves never wanted to experience again was the first shift. Even the strongest of all would wish for the same. The shift breaks all of your bones from head to toe. Starting with a blood clotting headache to slicing your skin minute by minute. Coiling and breaking and then recoiling of your veins until you know each of them have haunted your existence to the fullest. It is that dreadful. It was something so unbearable as it sometimes created multiple internal injuries. 

The head bore most of it. We feel like banging our head somewhere to break it. The groans and cries along with a fast beating heart which would gradually slow down until you have spent all of your energy, makes it more gruesome.  It was the only time our wolf fought with us to be out, to explore the world through its eyes. To explore our world. 

The world spins and just when we know we are going to die, our wolf makes its way into the world with it's blazing eyes, canines and claws. We see them for the first time in our head as we slip into oblivion. Fur starts coating your skin as your broken bones start to take the shape of our wolf, joining in an inhuman way, making the first growls and whines and purrs come out of our mouth, rather than words. And at the stroke of midnight we see the world through our wolf's eyes, officially making us a beast. A full fledged scavenging wolf.

Over the years I had seen pups shift, I had seen their parents hold onto them, encouraging them to shift to be a strong wolf which was the only support we rely on when we shift for the first time. I had the whole pack see me because I was the next Alpha. All I ever wanted on the day were my parents to stand beside and watch me with pride in their eyes. Every bone that broke and pain I felt reminded me of them and just like that I felt stronger. They made me strong. They made me who I was even though they weren't there with me physically. 

I remember smiling back at the moon, making sure I paid my respects to the late Alpha and Luna of the pack who I knew were watching down on me. Whose blood I knew the pack held. Whose presence I knew even the pack felt. 

My first howl to the moon wasn't to the moon at all. It was to my mom and dad. The pack knew the howl. They howled back after me, claiming me Alpha that day itself. Although there was a whole ritual to be performed and even my training for some more years. 

Those howls were mixed with pain, happiness, excitement, power, and every other emotion I had felt before I shifted. My wolf saw my life for the first time through his eyes. He vowed to protect what was ours with his life. As I did to him. He encouraged me to be stronger. To become an Alpha we were destined to be.