CHAPTER 24: Raids 1

Laura

Alpha Thorn was raiding an abandoned farm house that was located far on the outskirts of the city. His team had a much bigger area to cover. We were able to list it down, thanks to the witches that teamed up to get a hold of some of the hunters. That was how we were able to track the exact location of the farm house. They told us that most of the chemical supplies were stored in there so no one could notice. I saw Thorn's team shift as the vampires moved behind them, the camera's placed on their shirts unsteady.

Alpha Ricardo was targeting a major clinic from a big village. Our team had noticed a lot of movement the past month. Plenty of vans were taken down that route with goddess knows what. Again we were able to set our target on the location, thanks to the village police that happened to stumble upon one of our guys. All our luck I could say. The dragons hadn't shifted because they didn't want to be noticed by the villagers. This team had strong vampires who could brainwash a large group of villagers at a time if they tried to interrupt. A good Ricardo strategy.

Alpha Lee was raiding an old ship. The ship showed no signs of human activity on it but our tracker had gotten a hint of illegal business happening inside with scents of hunters around the area. His team did not waste another minute and looked into the depth of it. Alpha Lee was his closest go to so he introduced him to the mission. Lee quickly got into action and they found out the black market was running beyond the barriers put by a witch. To a normal person it would look like an unused ship but a shifter was able to see the barrier. The tracker team caught movement beyond the barriers and hence the whole raid. Lee's team had a major cutting point that they had to cross the barrier without being noticed.

Alpha Durga was responsible for raiding a factory that hadn't seen a soul in centuries. It was just near to the city, several towns scattered across it. The factory was a closed site for humans. But of course, the hunters found their way through and we had to make sure that the place remained soulless just like it was before. Fearless and determined, her team moved along her orders. I saw her shift into her massive brown wolf as well, creeping through the gates of the factory, her team surrounding the area from all sides, making any escape difficult.

Alpha Abhinav was given the responsibility of a huge club in the city. This was riskier because they were in direct contact with the humans. The club was put on the list because we had the owner of the club on the tip of our fingers. Sick bastard was involved in kidnapping young girls and selling them off to different countries. It was not just the humans he kidnapped, different shifters were sold to various places. This place as much as it was risky, we had the upper hand. We had the blueprint of the whole damn club, covering all escape routes. And tonight was our night. I just knew Abhinav was gonna rock the whole club.

Indigo came down putting Violet to sleep and stood near the door. He smiled at me and said, "I love you." My heart instantly melted, butterflies fluttering in my lower belly.

I gave him a shy smile and linked him, "You sleeping or what?"

"I won't be able to sleep with you worried here to be honest. I'll pick out Violet's stuff from her childhood. Maybe look into dad's belongings as well." He told me.

I turned to the screen when I was linked by Alpha Lee. "Crossed the barrier. Moving in." I furrowed my eyebrows together at his screen, the vampire raising his camera so we could get a clear picture of the lights on the ship.

"Easy. Do not rush." Cleo said as he looked at one of the screens.

I looked back at Indigo and he was still there, looking at me just like he did seconds ago. I smiled and said, "Cool. Let me know if you find anything. And if you are sleepy please sleep. I know you have a lot of work to do."