CHAPTER 6: First Kiss

Laura

After Eli and Violet shared a moment, hugging each other. Indigo took her upstairs to sleep. He was way too protective of her.

Nevertheless, me and my wolf wanted it to be that way. We wanted to protect what was his and if those rumors helped keep her safe, then so be it.

I didn't know why but I was taking quick decisions over everything that concerned them. My wolf was a hundred percent with them. It troubled me but at the same time these feelings I felt towards them made me feel satisfied with what I was doing.

My wolf was all ready to rip apart anyone who would try and hurt Violet. She already felt so strongly towards her. And my wolf never even let my friends slide her judgement. She was that strict.

When Eli asked her to be hugged, my wolf had her eyes on him. You see what I meant. She was scanning him for any danger despite the fact that we knew he wasn't.

This behaviour was her, unlike how she acted towards Violet.

"Take a seat Luna." Eli said, while I heard Indigo open the door to the room. I sat on the couch and Eli took a seat on the single-seat couch.

"Dr. Laura, beta Eli," I teased him with a small laugh.

He laughed as well, shaking his head. "Well, Dr. Laura, now that you are going to be staying here, I have to inform you that Friday nights are game nights. I want my best friend there." He said firmly. "Please." He ended up adding, now joining his hands playfully, pleading with me. I laughed and shook my head in a yes.

Indigo was moving the covers away from furniture. I couldn't stop from prying on his actions. He was happy. And I was the happiest seeing his dark and empty house come to life. The smile I felt through our bond was growing as the covers of the room were being taken off one by one. He was so fucking joyed.

I mentally prayed it stayed like that for a long, long time.

"That man, he's not just my best friend Luna, he is my brother." Eli said softly, suddenly going quiet. My eyes locked on him and I did not know what to say. "Sorry, it was all sudden." He covered up but still continued. "I am happy that he found you and that it is you of all people. You will be good for him. He has been through a lot after everything that happened. Please, be understanding of him. I know you will, but I wanted you to know."

Best friend, no lie! Eli was his, what they say 'brother-for-life' kind of best friend. 

"I understand Eli, you have nothing to worry about. Also Eli, you will have to kidnap him on Friday nights." I told him, trying to lighten up the mood. He let out a shaky laugh.

"That is a promise Luna," He said as he held up his closed fist for a fist-bump. I returned it as a gesture of our friendship. Being called Luna was a different feeling. It just did not come with being an Alpha's mate but it came along with the responsibility of the pack too. Being Luna also meant I had to be there for them in sickness and in health. In war and peace. In everything that concerned them.

I now had my own questions to be answered. Was I going to be able to do it with the job I had chosen? Would I be able to be there for them in times of need? Would they accept me as their Luna because of the work I do? Too many questions lingered in my head. But with everything going on these questions were of the least concern.

So I thought.

Looking at Eli I knew one thing for sure. He was not only happy to have Violet back, he was happy Indigo was back too. They had a good bond and I was glad he had someone like Eli. A best friend like him.

Eli was a good man, a good wolf too. My wolf took a liking towards him and she did not doubt this wolf anymore. He cared for her mate. He was strong, knew what to do, what to speak when the time was right.