CHAPTER 3: Learning the Supernatural

Laura 

The night passed by with me tossing and turning in bed. I had shut all the doors and windows that were carrying the scent along with the damn breeze and into my nostrils. I was so enthralled by it that I even moaned into the pillow.

I needed serious help. 

I quickly got up and washed my face and looked at the mirror. I saw nothing but my wolf trying to take control. Damn her. My eyes were flicking between my wolf and me. I used all my strength and blocked her out at a far corner in my head. 

I woke up early as decided, because I needed to let her out for a while. She was super pissed at me but I had no other way. I made sure she wasn't going to create chaos while on a run. It was the least she could do. She agreed with me, whining all the time, making me sigh at her in pain. 

It did pain. 

It pained to know the person we were meant to be with, also which was still a mystery, wasn't here. Why the fuck was he not here? He was indirectly and unknowingly tormenting us. I couldn't feel less what my wolf was feeling. We felt rejected and left out and we knew it was wrong of us to feel like that. 

Only if the person was here.. Maybe we would have known. 

I waited for Villa inside the cabin and turned the TV on to the songs channel. Sometime later I heard footsteps and Villa's scent, coming towards the cabin. Switching off the TV quickly, I went outside. She smiled at me, waving and waved me out. I ran towards her in my shirt and shorts, "Good morning." I wished her. 

"Morning." She said with a smile. "Let's go." 

We ran some distance in our skin to the east of the pack. My wolf was ready to be out, to take in the surroundings that smelled of her, maybe-mate. The morning dew was falling off the leaves and had wet the ground. The earthy smell of it that was making us roll on it. To make sure the scent stuck us atleast for the rest of the days. 

"We should shift." Villa told me. I smelled the pack patrols nearby. They sure were going to keep an eye on me. I didn't blame them. This was their pack to protect.

She took us to an area where two huge tree trunks had branched out in such a way that it formed a small hiding place. Five people could surely fit in the space formed. 

We took our clothes off and shifted, jumping into the air. My wolf stretched out her limbs and shook her fur. I made sure I still had control over her moves. She wasn't going to slip from my hold so easily and go cause a rampage to find her so-called, maybe-mate. 

Mate, my ass

My wolf turned her head to look at Villa. Her wolf was a light brown coloured on the back and her underbelly was white. The underside of her snout had a white spot around the brown fur, making her look cuter. She bowed down to me out of respect.

My wolf, she liked this wolf. And it wasn't going to change my opinion too because Villa was smart and lovely. 

My wolf felt at ease with her. I had been to several packs but I hadn't felt like this before. My wolf quickly went next to her and licked her head. She looked back at us, tilting her head and raising her ears, exposing the white spot clearly. 

My wolf moved back and patted her forelegs on the ground, urging her for the run. Her wolf let out a bark, wagging her tail and sprinted ahead. I followed her, keeping in check with the pack patrols nearby. They were so ready. 

We passed through the forest, pushing our legs, leaving behind the flying gravels that were caused from the impact of our running. After a while her wolf ran beside me, rather than ahead of me. My wolf gave her a quick bark and ran alongside her.