CHAPTER 35

Indigo

Eli insisted I go with him to the cliff. The asshole cared for me. Laura nodded and told me to go, pushing me out of the door as Violet went to take her bath. She was awake and full of energy, unlike the other times.

Eli and I ran, like we always do. We didn’t stop until we reached the cliff. I looked over the edge and shut my eyes, listening to just the eerie silence of the night. Letting out a breath I looked back at Eli, holding a bottle of whiskey out for me. I punched him and smiled as I looked at his proud face, taking the bottle from him.

“Aye aye!” He said and plopped down. I sat down too and opened the bottle to take a sip.

Eli watched my every movement, waiting for me to pour out everything.
“She’s better than the last I heard. Hasn’t had her post shift pain.” He said and sipped his bottle.

I nodded. “I feel helpless, Eli.” I said and looked ahead at nothing.

“Why?” He asked, making me look at him. He shook his head and said, “Are you doing nothing at all?” He asked and I shook my head in a no.

I knew he was on the track to make me feel better.
“I feel like I am the one keeping her here against her will when all she wants is to be rid of the pain. Yes, we are doing everything but are we actually doing everything? I don’t know, Eli! These two days I have been questioning my actions so much. I want her to find her mate sooner. But I also don’t want that to happen because I cannot live without her. It’s too much and it frustrates me. Am I selfish? Am I not? What do I do? I couldn’t watch her struggle like that. She said she wanted to die and it fucking hit me so hard, I couldn’t breathe.” I poured it out.

“You know what you should do?” Eli asked. I looked at him for the answer. “You should let her choose.” He said, making me narrow my eyes at him. “Okay, don’t bite me.” He let out a laugh and continued. “All I want to say is that she is a grown up. Of course she’s only twenty and it’s a minor age for us but she was sure enough to make a decision to ride herself to the Silver Summit with no proof of her cure and all alone. Yes, it was a stupid move but do you see the positivity in her eyes? It’s like she’ll definitely do things she said she'll do. And then there’s this too that she’ll absolutely do the things she is not supposed to do!” He said and looked me sideways with a small smile.

He was so right. Violet was keen about everything around her. She would stop at nothing to get what she wanted. With her strengths and gift growing I doubt she’ll even listen to me.

Violet told me memories of her dreams that were quite unbelievable. When she told me about the waterfall I was lost. It wasn’t her powers that scared me. It was her life that scared me now.

“With everything she told me, Eli, I am scared that what Megha mentioned that day was true.” I said and took another sip.

“The dreams?” He asked and I nodded.

“Do you want to talk about it?” He asked and I told him everything. Eli had not only been my partner in crime but also my saviour. I owed my life to him. He knew my darkest secrets like I knew his.

He gaped at me as I told him all that Violet saw in her dreams. “Shit dude! Her wolf? Powers? What is this? Some fantasy! And the aura around her is her gift, you say.” I just nodded.

“This is too much to take… wait she told you her wolf is doing things..” He narrowed his eyes on me.

“Dad told her that.” I ran a hand through my hair.

He groaned and took a big sip, making me look at him. “And Jane was also right about her observations.” He confirmed.

Jane had a way of judgement. A good way. She thought about things practically and her opinions were top class. It’s not just her strength that made her the gamma, this way of looking at things was a factor of hers.