CHAPTER 32

Laura

Indigo gave a threatening growl when I entered with the healer. Violet was trembling, her eyes full of tears and breathing coming out uneven. “It’s going to be fine baby.” I rushed to her side and wiped her tears off.

“It hurts. It hurts so… so much.” She cried more as she screamed, clutching her head. “Ahhhhhh…”

Tears threatened to spill from my eyes. I told the healer to quickly get her things ready while Klaus talked to Indigo. She moved ahead with the bottle to feed Violet but Indigo growled again.

“Indigo.. Please let her give me that.. I don’t care..please I can’t take it..” Violet cried out before I could say anything.

He pushed back and nodded, shutting his eyes. The healer quickly stood on the other side of the bed and looked down at Violet. She held Violet’s hand in hers and muttered something under her breath. Violet’s eyes were only on the medicine. She was so looking forward to this.

The healer stopped and opened the bottle. The transparent liquid in the bottle changed its colour to a dark green. “Goddess, guide the medication.” She whispered shutting her eyes once and then opened them to smile down at Violet. “Take this.”

In an instant Violet pushed the liquid down her throat. The healer set her hands on Violet’s head and told her to sit straight. Violet cried because she wasn’t able to so I helped her, holding her body still, hugging her in a way that kept her straight. The healer began saying something again under her breath, making it very difficult for me to hear. This was a fact about healers that their words can never be heard when they heal someone. They believe in the purity of their words and want none to hear them and destroy them.

While doing so she ran her hands from Violet’s head to her back. She did the same thing thrice and said, “it’ll take some time. Less than an hour I hope.” I nodded and made Violet sleep again.

“Can you still be on standby? I don’t know if I’ll need you again.” I linked her and she nodded with a smile. After she left, Indigo moved over the bed again and put her head on his lap.

We waited for an hour but Violet didn’t say anything, although her cries had come down. “What time is it?” She asked.

“It’s almost ten, little one.” Indigo had her in his lap the whole time. He wasn’t even letting Klaus near her. So Klaus just sat at the edge of the couch, his eyes never leaving her and he looked so worried.

“Why… ahh..” She clutched her eyes tight as she squirmed because her hands and legs were experiencing the shift. “Why isn’t the medicine working?” She cried, looking at Indigo with crying red eyes.

“We’ll find something soon.” He was helpless. Goddess! I could feel his torment as he answered her. He laid her down and let her limbs move as she saw fit.

“I am so sorry, baby.” I said. I on the other hand was feeling useless at this moment. I was doing so much in life. But that so much seemed so less, negligible almost because I couldn’t help my own pup. I just couldn’t stop the feeling of being hopeless. It was clawing at me.

“It’s not your fault.” She said softly and rolled on her side, laying like a wolf sleeping on its side with its limbs spread in front of it. That was one sign of her wolf.

Indigo looked at me as if he had lost. He even had to go check on the pups who were going to shift today. Fuck, it was hard to even leave her for him. All I could do was stand next to him and hold him close.

An hour later, Violet started vomiting all her gut. She was resting one minute and the next minute she just got up and threw up everything on Indigo who was sitting on the edge of the bed. Indigo didn’t let it bother him, he just rubbed her back and held her in a way that wouldn’t hurt her. Klaus quickly ran into the bathroom and brought a wet cloth for her to wipe her face while I cleaned the floor. She began clutching her chest, her breathing growing heavy minute by minute.