CHAPTER 34

Laura

Cleo called me just minutes before the meeting, letting me know that everyone was settling and they helped me connect. I could see the entire room full of people who were on the team. They were gathered at Thorn's pack this time. The stony circular hall was what looked like a conference room. Wooden tables were placed in front of a group of five chairs. In the center was the screen and in front of it stood Sarah. Cleo sat on her right with the Alpha's that participated in the raid. Thorn was present along with Durga and Lee. Abhinav was there as he had informed me with a text message when I had asked him about the health of his mate but I was shocked to see Ricardo there. I kept the shock to myself and sat back to see everyone settle. My eyes caught the boy who had found his mate on the shipwreck. Chongan, I guessed, was his name. His mate sat clutching him for dear life. I stared at the girl for over a minute, noticing how scared was as she scanned the crowd for threats. Her mate kept assuring her over and over again.

It was then I realised being a rogue wasn't that easy as well. Constant fear of death and harm, no food or water, no one to hold...

Goddess, since when did I start showing sympathy towards rogues? All my life I was taught that they were a threat to us. They were, they definitely were but... but not all of them right..?

Some are just drowned from loss of their loved ones. Some are born rogues. Some are just thrown out as a cause of improper judgement from the pack and some walk out on their own. Bad ones are mostly killed or left for as they deserved.

I couldn't gather my own thoughts about them but after saving everything.

I had my video turned off as we still had five minutes to go and people were still coming in. Ravi joined on the same screen as mine and had his video turned off as well. I turned my camera and audio on and they all looked at me. I waved at everyone and said a quick morning greeting. Ravi did the same and sat back.

"Good morning everyone." Sarah said as she took the lead. We greeted her back.

"Before starting let's have a minute of silence to the two fighters who sacrificed their life for this mission, Mustafa and Selma. We send our prayers to their family and loved ones." She said and the hall grew silent.

"Rest in peace." She said softly. "In peace." We all chanted back.

Taking in a deep breath she asked, "Shall we begin?" We nodded our heads. "Okay. Beginning with the agenda of today's meeting. We have gathered here to discuss the raids that were carried out on the night of September 2nd and the following day, the 3rd of September. Five locations were on our target and all three have been kept an eye on, raided and as of now cleared. Five Alpha's led a team, one at each location..." While she went on and I had my ears open to her, I linked Ricardo.

"Hey Rick."

"I came here because I trust you." Was the first thing he said. I looked at him sitting among them with a neutral expression on his face.

"You're okay right?" I asked.

"Yup."

"The girl? What's her name?"

"Roisin. She's alive." He replied.

"You got what you wanted?" I asked further.

"No."

"Rick, don't do something you'll regret." I said, softly.

"You are not in my shoes, Laura."

"Did you tell your pack?"