CHAPTER 28 : Fight

Laura 

The sessions continued and so did my life. I began visiting the pack everyday in the evening and even checked with the healers regarding Violet’s medications. We did plan to have a meeting first because Indigo insisted I know what they were going to do. I assured my mate that they were doing what they had to do to help her. Each of them had read her medical files, known her growth history and done her physical study. They had so much planned for her and were working extra hard reading books and studying ancient medicine, contacting different packs and doing what not. 

I talked to mom and dad if they had a lead on anything but they didn’t find anything. Alistair was trying his best to get to his allies without leaking any information and I had to say he was too good at his talk. He knew how to make good talk with people all the while being genuine and getting information at the same time. I was super impressed with him. I could see why Indigo was so proud of Alistair. 

One afternoon I was just sitting on the couch and reading some medical files. Violet suddenly came to sit right in front of me with a big smile on her face. Afternoon time was what she dedicated to binging or studying or for herself in general. And the smile with which she looked at me, made me narrow my eyes at her with a small smile.

She had something big on her mind, definitely. 

“What?” I asked, wiggling my eyebrows but looking at the screen. 

“Iorderedawolfcostumefortheevents.” She blabbered, which I caught anyway. 

I laughed, shutting my laptop. It was going to be so interesting. “Explain.” I laughed more as she blew air in her mouth, puffing it. 

Letting the air out at once she scratched under her neck. “So Eli and I were talking and you know how I don’t have a wolf.” I nodded, my smile fading at my baby’s words. “No! No! Don’t be sad. I have this awesome plan. So what if I don’t have a wolf? I ordered a costume that looks like a mini version of Lotte and Indigo’s wolf. You know, just like your puppy would be.” She said, my eyes wide with the uncertainty. I was only seeing how Indigo would react to all of this. Plus, I hadn’t even told him about the events she had registered for. 

“As much as I like the idea..” I said but she jumped to hug me. 

“Omg! You like it. I knew you’d approve. You are the best! I love you. I’ll let Lianna know about this asap then!” Violet sat back, looking absolutely happy and as usual she had to tell everything to Lianna. I smiled at my pup, thinking about how she’d actually look in that fur. She said she designed it to look like the mini version of me and Indigo. My heart couldn’t help but grow fond of how much thought she put into this and how much she loved us. How was I even supposed to oppose it? I was her mama wolf though she wasn’t mine by blood, I saw her as my own. My wolf saw her as her own. We loved the girl with all our heart and soul. It was so endearing that she came to me first regarding every small decision of her life. She depended on her mama, although she didn’t call me that she still felt it, I knew it. My heart swelled so much towards my pup. 

As expected, Indigo came home in a rush the next day as soon as he saw the registration documents. “Why the fuck has Violet ticked her whole from?” Indigo roared through the link. I was busy with my work and Violet was in her room. 

“Stop screaming at me!” I roared back. 

“I am coming home!” He replied and blocked me. Not less than five minutes and he was home. I rolled my eyes at him. 

I looked up at him through my eyelashes as he stood in front of me with the form in his hands. “Let her be free, Indigo. She needs to have more fun.” I said, in a calming way and turned to look back at the laptop.