CHAPTER 23: Lily

Enjoy!

****************

Laura

"Blue, I found something." Indigo linked me.

"What? What did you find?" I asked him as I met some of the pack making their way towards the seminar hall.

"I looked back through my Dad's diaries from fifteen years back, around the time when Violet was born. His personal phone book has Quentin Blacksmith's name on it with his contact number." He told me, making me come to a halt.

"Fuck!" I said, putting a hand over my mouth and the other on my waist.

"Yeah, fuck!" Indigo replied, breathing out.

"Luna, are you okay?" someone passing by asked, concern clear on their face.

I came back to my senses and smiled at them. "Yeah, it was just someone linking me. I'm fine, thankyou guys."

They nodded. "Do you want us to carry those?" One of them asked, pointing at the laptop back and the papers.

"No, I'll be fine. Come let's walk together." I told them.

"Indigo, I'll come see you after I'm done with the sessions." I linked him.

"Okay. I'll see you then." He replied as I reached the hall.

They were still gathering and there were around fifteen minutes to begin. I checked if Faith was here so I would let her assist me with paperwork. I found her in the crowd with her spectacles on as she sat with some of them, talking. Although she was quieter than the others. "Faith." I called out and she looked at me, getting up from her seat. I waved her towards me.

Coming to stand next to me, she bowed. I smiled and said, "Hi. I wanted to ask you if you will be able to assist me with the paperwork. I'm looking for volunteers but if you are already involved in something, it's fine."

"No Luna, I am still studying." She told me.

"Oh, so will it be hard for you to find time. I completely understand if you do." I assured.

"I'm free in the evening." She told me, adjusting her glasses.

"Are you sure? I don't want it to be a burden for you." I asked again.

"I am sure, Luna. I'll be happy to help." She said and I nodded.

"I'll pay you. Take this opportunity as an internship but make sure you mail me your resume, so I can divide the work. Good?" I asked.

"I won't disappoint, Luna. Thank You so much." She said, giving me a small smile.

We began with the sessions, once everyone was gathered. Continuing our discussions about the dragons, we got carried away. Their curiosity was what kept me going through the day. Now that I had officially met the pack, my responsibilities were falling in place. I had to make sure I visited them, met with them, and knew them personally.

The courage that I saw when Indigo announced my mission, gave my wolf a bigger push to do things better. Indigo's words of pride and love about his Luna made my heart leap with more love.

As the session came to an end, I told them to wait. "You must have heard about the announcement regarding the mission. To let you know, I wasn't supposed to tell you until we made it to the fifth or sixth session." They looked at eachother. "But as your Luna I did not want to keep it from you. The mission is a risky one and by the end of these sessions we're going to take in willing volunteers to help us. Not just us doctors or researchers, we will be taking warriors so they could work with us on the frontline." I said and breathed out.