CHAPTER 14 : A proud father

Picture above is Luca(Laura's Father) and Laura as a child. 

Laura

"Why do I smell a human potential here?" Logan asked. I was sure hell was going to break loose at this point. Everyone grew stiff. Mom and dad sniffed too. It wasn't like they wouldn't smell her. Alphas could smell better.

I looked at everyone and Eli quickly came to stand behind Indigo. He knew the consequences if Logan even dared to step anywhere near Violet.

"Why is there a human in your pack?" Dad roughly asked Indigo. He was still angry with everything. He calmed down a bit when I ran to him and hugged him. Although mom looked more level-headed than dad.

"Dad, please rest for a while, we'll explain." I insisted.

"No. It happens now and we leave after that." He said, still looking at Indigo.

"Fine. Can we atleast talk inside?" I asked, pointing to the pack house. He kept throwing daggers at Indigo through his eyes but eventually nodded.

Oh thank goddess! For now at least.

I could feel all of Indigo's emotions. He wanted to go for Logan's neck but he did not. For me. Not like Logan had tried to run after her. No one saw this coming. My brother was Violet's potential mate but I knew he had waited for his fate mate all these years although I knew he had hanky panky relations with some girls in and outside the pack.

He wouldn't go after Violet. That was the one thing I was sure about.

If he did, I myself would stop him. So, yeah.

I linked Indigo, "You alright?"

"You think. I'm trying to not lose it." He paused, taking in a breath and then continued, "But you don't worry. I know Logan wouldn't want to go after Violet. As for you, you are not leaving." He said in a very distressed but alpha voice. I wouldn't ever know what must be going on in his head.

I don't know how he was controlling himself when Logan said it. He did not even growl and I knew that he was scaring the shit off out of his pack members. They were able to feel his emotions better.

I could only feel him emotionally fighting to stay calm and think straight. He did not want to hurt my family nor his. All we needed to do was tell dad about it.

All of us came inside where the chairs were already set around the meeting room. I walked beside mom and dad asking them to relax and to not link anyone. Logan came beside me and pulled my arm. Logan was going to be Logan and I could tell he was trying to come to conclusions with his wolf. I gave him a look but he pulled me with him. He gave me a quick side hug, holding my shoulder and squishing me. "You are going to crush me, you asshole!" I laughed. I hugged him back as I put my hand around his waist.

"So?" He began with a raised brow.

"What?" I asked, annoyed with my brother.

"Is this human the reason you asked me to keep quiet?" He asked, now narrowing his eyebrows.

"Yes. And now I have another reason to call you trouble." I simply replied, remembering the last time he called me trouble.

"Your's is a bigger problem here, trouble." He scoffed. True. Dad only talked about taking me home. I wanted to tell him how my wolf feels about Violet. She cared for her and so did I. She was her mate's pup and she had accepted it, lovingly.

Dad's only reason to not keep me here were the rumors about this pack. And also with the rumours about Indigo. He was worried for me that's all. In all of this chaos, I still believed Indigo. My wolf and I were positive that they were only just rumors. I believed he was a nice man. A caring, loving mate. My mate. I trusted him with dad. I trusted him he would take it as calmly as possible with my dad's anger. He had promised me to make it alright.