CHAPTER 1

ANISSA WAS still in her bed when her boss called her for an immediate meeting. With a grumpy look, she went to the company's conference room.

She then sat down to the farthest chair from the chairman's seat. Siya pa ang andoon at yun ang kinainis nya.

They said it's a very urgent meeting but why aren't they here?!

She sighed in annoyance. Ilang minuto rin bago dumating ang iba nyang kasama. Her secretary was also late too.

“Pasensya na, miss. Naabutan ng rush hour eh.” bulong na pagpapaliwanag ng kanyang sekretaya na hindi nya sinagot.

“Good morning!” bati ni Axielle Oliver  — ang CEO ng O-life Company at ang pinagtatrabahuan ni Anissa at ang O-Life condominiums na sakop lang ng kompanya.  Anissa is the Chief Operating Officer of the branch.

“Good morning, Mr. Oliver!” they all greeted. 

When everyone was seated, they immediately started the meeting. Anissa was their but her whole attention was absent. She was staring at everyone whom is talking but not listening. She just waited until the meeting was adjourned.

She immediately went out the conference room when Mr. Oliver went his way. She straightened to her office. As soon as she went inside her office, her 6th secretary Jassie,  immediately gave her the iPad.

“Your first appointment is with Mr. Eisenhower this 9 am and after it, the finance team needs you for the finalization of  accounts, Miss. Then you'll —”

“I know. I'm reading.” Anissa cuts her off. Jassie pressed her mouth shut and gulped in embarrassment.  When Anissa was done reading, she gave the iPad to her secretary.

“Kaya walang nagtatagal na sekretarya sayo eh.”

Anissa took a look on the one who was talking. It was a ghost, again. This ghost again!

The old man in her office whom always roam around never left. Lagi itong andoon, minsan ay ginugulo pa ang kanyang mga kagamitan. Anissa shook her head and sighed.

“Jassie, get me a plain coffee with a double shot of espresso.”

“Copy that, Miss!” Jassie said and immediately exited the office. As soon as she inclined in her seat, her telephone rang.  She immediately picked it up.

“Isay, let's have a breakfast?” Axielle. Anissa sighed in frustration.

“No.”

How about coffee?” he offered again.

“I asked Jassie to buy one.” Anissa opened her clear folder and started to take the papers she needs to sign and check.

“Isay... You've been so distant with me.” Axielle's voice is full of pain.

“Mr. Oliver, it's office time and you've been acting unprofessionally. I'll drop the call now.” as soon as Anissa said that, she immediately puts the telephone call down.

Anissa focuses on the papers she need to read and sign. After some minute, Jassie went inside the office with the coffee Anissa ordered.

“Here's your coffee, miss.” sambit ni Anissa at maingat na inilapag ang kape. When she was able to put the coffee down, Anissa handed Jassie an envelope.

“Take that to the finance department. Tell them that there are errors in the report.”

“Miss?” nag-aalinlangang sambit ni Jassie. Tinignan ni Anissa ito at halata ang pagataranta nito nang magtagpo ang kanilang mga mata.

“W-What errors, Miss? K-Kasi last t-time tinanong nila ako kung asan ang dapat baguhin—”

“Checking the paper and fixing the error is their work. I'm not obliged to tell it one by one. Go, give that to them and be back immediately since I need to meet Mr. Eisenhower after half an hour.”

“Okay, Miss!” Jassie hastily walked out the room in fear that Anissa might explode in frustration again. Alam pa naman n'ya kung gaano ito kapikon at mognutin.

Anissa stood up and took her camellia jacket from the clothe stand then picked up her coffee. She got her purse bag and stepped out her office.

She walks towards the exit of the building. Jassie was running in haste to her.

“I already gave it to the finance department, miss!” humihingal na balita nito na tinanguan lang ni Anissa.

LUCKILY, WHEN they arrived at the restaurant that was set for the meeting, Mr. Eisenhower is already there.

“Good morning, Mr. Eisenhower! Pardon me for making you wait.” Anissa greeted.

“Good morning! It's fine and please, take a seat.” The man said and gestured her to seat.  Anissa then sat down in front of the gorgeous man, Jassie was standing in her side.

“So, uhm... You know me, I'm Dolion Eisenhower, though, I'm not the one who'll occupy the unit I want to deal with.” 

“I'm sorry to say this but that unit is not available at the moment, Mr. Eisenhower. It's still under a plan of renovation since it's been a very isolated part of the hotel and wasn't occupied for years, somehow, it's also the only room in the 80th floor so... It's hard.”

Dolion sighed and looked at her seriously, “Double priced. I'll pay double of the price.”

“No. We're not accepting any kind of markon that happens inadequately, Mr., this if for the safety of the one who'll use it. To avoid danger.” She firmly said. This man is very persistent.

“Damn... The man is the danger itself.” He whispered but Anissa was able to hear it.

“Triple—”

“You can't use money against me,” Anissa sighed in frustration and looked at him fiercely, “The unit is not renovated!”

“We don't need the renovated one. Despite the lacks of resources in that unit or any hindrance, we'll pay the original price or higher. The hotel doesn't need to provide for any harms that will happen or exist. No words, we will keep everything in ourselves. No renovations, no changes, just that unit.”

BUSINESS IS BUSINESS. Anissa can't do anything but to say yes to the client. Eisenhower's are one of the major shareholders too, so, she can't say no to it anymore and otherwise, it's a good thing that the unrenovated unit will be occupied without it having too much expenses.

Sabi ni Dolion sa susunod na araw ay lilipat na raw ang kanyang kapatid. Kailangan paghandaan ni Anissa ang pagdating nito lalo na't kailangan nilang masiguradong walang masasabing masama ito. Ngunit, nasa isip ni Anissa ay bakit pa ang unit na iyon pa ang ookupahin kung may kaya naman sila? Rich are all weirdos.

Anissa went to the said unit. The aisles was gloomy that it gives a creepy vibe, it's also silent and there are lost souls rooming around.

When Anissa opened the unit, a cold wind wrapped her, making her shiver in coldness.

FAITH
•|| fairyf8tales ||•