CHAPTER 18

ANISSA CAN'T BELIEVE HERSELF. she can't believe that she's seeing herself in front of the mirror of a hair and beauty salon.

“Brazilian hair therapy or  —” Anissa cuts the staff off since she really don't know lots about fashion, beauty and hairing.

“Just... Just do what suits me, miss.” she calmly hissed.

“Sure, miss.”

Pinasangkamay nalang n'ya rito ang buhok n'ya dahil wala talaga s'yang alam tungkol rito. Ang ginawa n'ya lang ay pagdesisyon kung gaano ka iksi at anong kulay.

Her hair was on her waist long and shorten it to above the shoulder. She chose ash grey colour for her hair.  After that hair appointment, she went to the company she's working for. Deretso siya sa opesina n'ya at nadatnan n'ya si Jassie na inaayos ang mga kagamitan n'ya. May mga dinagdag pa itong palamuti.

“What's that for?” Anissa asked in confusion and Jassie innocently smiles.

“Wala lang, miss. I just want to put something cute around you to lift up your mood hehe.” She innocently answered and Anissa don't know what to feel.

Kahit gaano siya ka sungit at kamaldita pagdating kay Jassie, nanatili ito sa tabi n'ya at patuloy na nagiging mabait, maunawain at maalaga. She's overwhelmed! No one ever did. No one ever did made her feel comfortable and no one ever did tried to understand her just like how her secretary understands her.

“K-Kung hindi n'yo po gusto, pwede ko p-pong tanggalin. Teka lang p—”

“No! Thank you! Just continue what you're doing.” Anissa hissed making Jassie's smile grow wide and bright.

“Sure, miss!” she squirmed like a child.

Anissa went down and bought a coffee for her and for Jassie. Anissa looked at the coffee she bought and sighed. Naalala n'ya rin na mahilig si Jassie sa mocha cake kaya binilhan n'ya ito ng isang slice.

This is not me.

She was never soft. Never been moved. Never been overwhelmed. Never felt... comfortable.

Agad s'yang bumalik sa opesina n'ya at nadatnan n'ya si Jassie na nakaupo sa upoan n'ya na halatang napagod sa kanyang ginawa. Nang makita s'ya ni Jassie ay agad itong tumayo at halatang nataranta.

“M-Miss!” she awkwardly hissed, obviously frightened. Anissa signalled her to come close and sat down so she did.

Jassie sat down in the couch across Anissa's seat. Anissa puts what she bought in front of Jassie. Jassie looks so confused and looked at Anissa and back to the cake and coffee.

“Para sa'kin miss?” tanong nito na parang batang naguguluhan sa nangyayari.

“I don't eat cake.” Anissa simply answered and that puts  an innocent smile on Jassie's cute face.

“Thank you, miss!” she thanked and opened the cake Anissa bought for her. Anissa got her coffee in her hand and deeply watched Jassie eating the cake she bought.

“By the way, miss. Bagay na bagay sa'yo haircut at hair color mo. Lakas makaangas!” Jassie said with her mouth full.  Anissa shook her head in Jassie's silliness.

“I guess...” Anissa whispered and clandestinely sighed.

They were silent for a moment not until Jassie said something that peek Anissa's attention.

“Alam ko naman pong hindi ka palangiti o masayahing tao, miss pero sa loob ng isang buwan, kita ko sa mga mata mo ang lungkot at kawalan. I feel your emptiness.” Jassie hissed and Anissa looked at her with a blank expression.

“I feel empty my whole life, Jassie.” she answered. Anissa sighed and shook her head. She paused for a while and then said, “but life was extra empty lately.”

Jassie felt the sadness of Anissa and she wasn't used with that kind of atmosphere with her boss. Anissa was that kind of person who was stern, strong and nonchalant. Nothing could move this woman but seeing how down she is makes Jassie realize how big the impact of Azrail to her.

“Naku, miss! Mga lalaki wala talaga 'yang ginawang tama. Kalimutan mo na 'yon, miss. Pogi lang 'yon, you deserve better.” Jassie said jokingly making Anissa sniffle a laugh.

“Jassie..” Anissa sighed and shook her head once again.

“I am not in love with him and I was never, okay? It's just... What's happening right now is just breaking me.” Anissa took a sip of her coffee and deeply sighed once again. She stayed silent for a while and smiled fakely.

“The broken promises between us brokes my heart apart. The part that he promised me something that gave me the hope that I need my whole life but then he suddenly disappeared without a word... the hope disappeared too.” Anissa confessed what made her feel heavy inside.

“Siya lang 'yong nagbigay sa'kin ng pag-asa eh pero bigla lang din siyang naglaho na parang bula kasama ang pag-asang matagal ko nang hinahangad.” dagdag pa nito at muling piki na ngumiti.

“But I'm done. I'm not expecting for him to come back with his shits. I can be well without him. I can continue to live the way I lived for the past few years, right?”

“Tama!” Jassie said in a proud tone. She showed Anissa her thumbs up with a smile and said, “Hindi titigil sa pag-ikot ang mundo kahit mawala man ang isa o libong tao sa buhay mo basta't huwag mo lang iwan ang sarili mo.”

Jassie's words and energy was too positive that it can make Anissa softly smile. For the first time, she did smile in front of Jessie like that!

“Ayon! Dapat gan'yan! Dapat ngiti lang miss. Ang ganda mo kapag ngumingiti. Sana makita ko 'yan lagi! I'm looking forward miss ha?” saad pa nito na lalong hindi na mapigilan ni Anissa ang ngumiti nang malapad.

“Ang ganda mo kapag ngumingiti ka! Pati ako napapangiti.” dagdag pa nito. Anissa shook her head in Jassie's silliness.

“Taposin mo nalang 'yang pagkain mo, may trabaho pa tayo.” pag-iiba ni Anissa ng usapan at tumayo na.

“Yes miss!”

Naglakad na papunta sa kanyang mesa si Anissa nang bigla siyang tinawag ni Jassie kaya napalingon siya rito.

“Even if the world turns it back to you, I won't.” she said with a smile.

“Kahit ang sungit at maldita mo sa akin miss, alam kong sekreto kang umaalaga sa akin at alam kong mabait ka. You have a pure heart. It was just covered with dust and mist because of the cruelty of the world. But I could help remove those dust and chase the mist away.” Jassie added. Her words made Anissa's heart sank.

Just how genuine her voice and eyes are! Behind Jassie's silliness and clumsiness is a woman who's ready to stand up for the people around her. She's too precious and Anissa don't know if she deserves a person like Jassie in her life.

Month by month, Anissa loses her secretary because they could not handle her feisty attitude and strict way of leading so as being bossy. Jassie is the only one who's able to stand for her for almost 5 months.

It's been a while, I hope it goes longer.

FAITH
•|| fairyf8tales ||•