PROLOGUE

Staring at the empty ceiling while listening to the humming, shuttering and creeping sounds from outside Anissa's room. Hearing everyone's past and mourning is driving her crazy everyday. Sa lahat ng pwede magkaroon ng ganyang kondisyon ay bakit sya pa?!

Why did God give me all these shits?!  Isip nya. She stood up from her bed and took her black hoodie. After wearing it, she immediately took her wallet, but before she could go, the rain started to pour heavily. She sighed and went to get her black umbrella.

She went to the nearest convenience store and brought an instant noodle and as the convenience store was a self serve when it comes to cup noodles.

Nang matapos nyang lutuin iyon at agad nyang binayaran ito. Pumwesto sya sa lamesang nasa labas ng convenience store kung saan makikita nya ang malakas na pagbuhos ng ulan.

A perfect pair. Cold weather and her favourite cup noodles. She took of the hood of her jacket and started to eat her noodles. She almost choke when a man sat down in front of her.

Chill, Anissa. He don't know that you can see him.

She heavily sighed and continued to eat her noodles. Nang matapos syang kumai at tumayo sya kaagad at naglakad na pabalik.  Tinahak nya ang shortcut papunta sa apartment nya. It was a very compressed place wherein there are lots of garbage can, scraps and more dumped stuffs. The path can also take one person to go, kaya wala masyadong tumatahak ng shortcut na iyon.

Isang masikip na iskenita lang naman ito ng mga departamento sa lugar kaya hindi aakalain ni Anissa na may makakatagpo sya roon.

A tall man was running, attempting to go to the opposite way of Anissa's. Dahil sa gulat hindi na nagkaroon ng oras si Anissa para maghanap ng paraan upang hindi mabangga. But, the man bumped on her and it was an excellent force that it can lead Anissa to fall in to the ground.

Nabitawan nya ang kanyang payong na dahilan ng pagkabasa nya kaagad dahil sa subrang lakas ng buhos ng ulan.

“Ah!” sigaw ni Anissa sa gulat. She squeezes her eyes shut, getting ready to fell in to the ground but the man caught her on his arms.

His dark red shades of eyes crossed her ash grey colored eyes. His eyes were screaming anger and darkness but as Anissa stared at longer, his sharp eyes soften and Anissa felt an electricity running into every inch of her body.

Suddenly, the man helped her to balance herself. They stared at each other for a second again before the man completely went his way.

His eyes... Looks like hell but it seems to be my comfort.

“Bwesit! Basang-basa na ako!” angal nya at pinulot ang nahulog na payong. She didn't bother to use it since she's already sucking wet.  Dali-dali syang bumalik sa kanyang apartment at naligo.

Anissa can see ghosts, evil spirits, and anything that a mere human can't see. It seems to be a gift but it's a curse. A curse she had been carrying since birth. She was an orphan. And, no one ever tried to take care of her, her co-orphan kids won't even go towards her because she's a freak!

Who would want to go near to someone whom stayed silent and dumbfounded every second of the day. And, sometimes she will suddenly freak out every time she saw a ghost. Fortunately, with the help of herself, she was able to control herself. She became immune on things she saw and her freaking out moments lessen as she grow older.

Anissa was drying her hair and suddenly, realization hit her. The man she saw a while ago...

Is he dead? Is he a vampire?

“Pero imposibling patay na s'ya. He was able to hold and catch me, and a ghost or spirit can't do that except if he's an evil one.” Anissa murmured.

“But if he is an evil spirit, he should've just killed me back then?”

She shook her head and tried to get that thoughts away from her mind. She sighed heavily and went on drying her hair.

WHEN THE NIGHT came, Anissa wasn't able to sleep because she still have a lots of works to do. Lalo na't kailangan na ang mga papeles na iyon para bukas.

She wasn't able to focus that much too, since a fucking ghost keeps on crying and crying outside her condominium. At kahit soundproofed man ang room nya ay maririnig at maririnig nya ang boses ng mga katulad ng naririnig nya ngayon.

“Hendrix! Hendrix!”

Anissa tried to ignore the voice.

“Please... let me go. Wala akong kasalanan!”

That's when Anissa stood up and went out her condominium. When she went out the door, the ghost was just two rooms away from hers. The ghost keeps on banging the door, crying and begging.

Anissa just stared at the ghost. Seeing her having no scratches or wounds. Not even a little blood on her body, Anissa concluded that she died because of sickness.

“I... I didn't cheat on you. Please, please... Gusto ko na magpahinga.”

Anissa cleared her throat to have the ghosts attention. But, the girl ghost didn't even took a glance. Umulit si Anissa pero hindi parin sya napansin nito.

She sighed and went towards the girl ghost.
Anissa took her phone and puts it on her ears. She does that every time she approach a ghost to help.

“Kanina pa kita tinatawag!” sambit ni Anissa. The ghost immediately looked at her with an awe.

“N-Nakikita m-mo'ko?” tanong nito at tumango si Anissa.

“Yeah. I can clearly see you. At alam mo bang sa unang araw no palang na pagsasagabal sa may-ari ng condominium na 'yan ay pati ako nasasagabal mo?” Anissa said in a sharp tone.

“You should leave.”

“No, not until he will know the truth!” Pagmamatigas ng kaluluwa.

Anissa gave the ghost a cold gaze.

“Di kaba natatakot sakin?” tanong nito.

“Why would I? You're not an evil spirit. You're just a simple weak, annoying ghost!” Anissa said in frustration and the spirit averted it's gaze and continued to cry.

“How may I help?” Anissa simply asked her.

FAITH
•|| fairyf8tales ||•