CHAPTER 3

ANISSA CAN'T JUST IGNORE that pitiful spirit lingering around. She needs to talk to her again and ask her some questions. So, she decided to work overtime. The time she had free time, she immediately went upstairs, to the floor where she met that woman.

As soon as she stepped out the elevator. Anissa didn't wore her protective necklace as she walked on the aisles of the 44th floor. She cuts the CCTV system in that floor to summon the spirit and want to try to talk with it.

Anissa's guts was right. This evil spirit lingering in the 44th floor is the one who occupied the abandoned unit for 13 years and that unit is now occupied by the Eisenhower. She took her protective necklace. The lights in the floor was starting to get dim and cold breeze started to occupy. She burned an incense stick and there the spirit immediately showed herself.  The spirit started to make a creepy sounds like a cracking piece of wood and a cold whisper. The spirit crawled fastly near to Anissa which she wasn't prepared. The spirit tried to attack her with its claws and attempted to possess her but a tall man suddenly appeared in front of her and was able to hold the evil spirit with its own two hands.

Anissa's eyes encircled in amusement. A human can't touch a spirit, only a spirit could only touch a spirit. The man held the evil spirit on its neck and the spirit was starting to burn and fade.

“Ahh! N-No!” the spirit groaned. Anissa stood up and held the man's hand and pushed him away making them fall because of Anissa's full force.

Anissa fell above the man.

“Don't kill her.” Anissa hissed and she was still laying above the man who she pushed.

“She's already dead.” the man hissed and Anissa blinked twice in realization.

Ay oo nga pala! Multo na iyon.

“I mean don't make her vanish just like tha—”

The man immediately rolled her down on his arm when the evil spirit was about to attack her. The evil spirit's claws almost met her face so, she immediately plunged her head in his masculine arm. After some minute, the creeping sound stopped and she heard the heavy sigh of the man. When Anissa realized how close she is on his body, she immediately stood up and looked around to find the spirit but it was nowhere to find and she can't even feel it anymore.

“Where's the spirit?” Anissa asked.

“What are you trying to do?” he asked again. Anissa turned her head to look on him. Their faces were inches away and too close that they almost kissed. Anissa's eyes encircled and she hurriedly stood up.

“A-Asan na 'yon?” paghahanap parin nito.

“Wala na. I got rid off it.” the man answered and with a frowning face, Anissa faced him.

“Ano?” sigaw na tanong nito.

“I got rid off her because she's dangerous.” the man hissed.

“Mr. Eisenhower! She's an unrested spirit full of grievance and vengeance. I should help her!” Anissa shouted in frustration.

“What are you trying to do, gal? Trying to be an exorcist? Alam mo bang pwede mo ikamatay 'yan?” asik ng lalaki.

“Ano naman? Ako naman mamamatay, hindi ikaw.” masungit namang sagot ni Anissa.

“Damn!” rinig ni Anissa ang mura nito kaya matilis nya itong tinignan.

“Ano? Dahil sayo hindi ko natulongan iyong ispirito tapos ikaw pa may ganang magmura?”

“Ano ba tingin mo sa sarili mo? May siyam na buhay kaba at nagpapaka-good samaritan ka sa mga multo ha?” he scolded and Anissa raise her brow on him.

“Ano naman ngayon? May iba't iba tayong paraan para mabuhay bakit kailangan mo makialam?” Singhal ni Anissa rito at inayos ang damit nya. The man reached for her forehead but she immediately dodged.

“What are you doing?” Anissa asked.

“Anyway, if you know anything about the spirit tell me about it.” she demanded and the man crossed his arms on his chest. Anissa looked at him intently from head to toe with that intimidating eyes of hers.

“Why would I tell you?”

“Because I said so.” She confidently answered and the man gasp in beyond belief.

“You're unbelievable, gal.” he hissed and turned his back on her.

“Kung ayaw mo sabihin babalik at babalik ako sa unit mo para paulit-ulit kang tanungin hanggang sa magsawa ka at sasabihin mo sakin ang mga nalalaman mo.” Anissa threatened him.

“That will never happen.” He whispered to himself before going inside his unit.

Mahina n'yang sinarado ang pinto at nakiramdam. He was hoping that Anissa would go away now. After she was babbling about what happened, he heard her fading footsteps.

Azrail smiled in amusement.

“She's different.” he whispered and his smile even widened.

“But also feisty.” Dagdag pa nito at nang hindi na nya rinig ang mga yapak nito ay agad s'yang pumasok sa kanyang kwarto.

“NAKAKAINIS!” sigaw ni Anissa nang makapasok sa opesina n'ya. Si Jassie na kanina pa natutulog ay agad nawnagising dahil sa sigaw nito.

“M-Miss? Sorry nakatulog ako—”

“That man is frustrating!” Anissa shouted. Jassie looked at her with disbelief drew on her face. Jassie knows how collected Anissa is even though she's mad with something. Umupo ito sa kanyang swivel chair na naka de-kwatro at halata ang inis sa mukha nito.

“Umuwi kana, Jassie. Ako na bahala rito.” pabulong na saad ni Anissa at tinakpan ang mukha gamit ang kamay.

“Ikaw miss?”

“Wala na namang trabaho, pwede kana umuwi.” ulit nito.

“Pero miss—”

“Umuwi kana, Jassie. Uuwi na rin ako maya-maya.” diin ni Anissa at tumango na lamang si Jassie.

“Okay, miss. Aalis na po. See you tomorrow, Miss Montessori.” Jassie said as she picked up her bag and was ready to go home.

“Please lock the door after you go out.” bilin ni Anissa na tinanguan lang ni Jassie. When Jassie was out the office and she heard the click of the door's lock, she stood up and screamed her lungs out.

“Ahh!” she screamed her frustration until she calm down.

FAITH
•|| fairyf8tales ||•