CHAPTER 6

ANISSA THOUGHT THAT she will die in a minute if this continue. She was choking to death and she was losing hope.

“Arghh!” the spirit groaned and let go of Anissa's neck causing her to fall and roll on the ground. With her eyes half opened, she saw this tall man with that daring red eyes. Anissa was panting and she's trying hard to catch her breath and crawling away despite of that blurry vision of hers. But before she could even crawl farther, she lied flat on the ground and the last things she saw was the man holding the spirit on its neck as it's slowing burning and disappearing.

“Mr. Eisenhower...” she whispered beneath her short breaths and fainted.

AZRAIL WAS SQUEEZING THE towel half wet and started to clean Anissa's dirty face. Azrail saved her from being killed by that evil spirit. Azrail pulled his hand away when Anissa groaned. Anissa slowly opened her eyes and their eyes met.

“Hi, gal.” his baritone voice. Anissa then completely opened her eyes and slowly sat down on the bed. Azrail helped her to sit down and fixed her blanket. Anissa looked at him with that confused looks.

“You're that red eye man in that shallow alley.” Anissa hissed and held her head but Azrail holds it away.

“Don't. I haven't put a band aid in your wound.” Azrail said and stood up. He took something from his cabinet. A first aid kit. Anissa was still dizzy and tired. Hindi n'ya alam anong nangyari pagkatapos n'yang mahimatay. Akala n'ya ay mamamatay na s'ya sa mga oras na iyon. Hindi n'ya alam kung magpapasalamat o magagalit s'ya sa nagsagip sa kanya. Nagkasundo na naman silang huwag na maging parte ng buhay ng isa't isa o magkita man lang.

Azrail sat down in the bed and attempted to put a band aid on her forehead but she immediately dodge. Azrail sighed in disbelief and looked at her with an unbelievable expression.

“I'm not trying to erase your memory, Anissa. I was trying to put a band aid on your forehead.” May 'di naniniwalang ekspresyon ang mukha ni Anissa na nakatingin sa binata at tinaasan ito ng kilay.

“Paano naman ako makakasigurado r'yan?” saad naman ni Anissa at marahas na napabuntong hininga si Azrail.

“Just trust me, Anissa.” he hissed but Anissa shook her head multiple times.

“Bakit naman kita pagkakatiwalaan?” taas kilay na sagot naman ni Anissa at parang gustong sabunotan ni Azrail ang kanyang sarili sa inis.

“Aba bahala kang babae ka.” pikon na saad ni Azrail. Kinuha ni Anissa sa kamay ni Azrail ang band aid at inis itong tinititigan.

“Mirror.” Anissa demanded and Azrail sighed in frustration. Azrail stood up and took a mirror from his table drawer and gave it to Anissa without looked at her. Anissa took it from his hand harshly. Hindi alam ni Azrail kung anong mararamdaman sa inaasta ng dalaga.

“Pakihawakan.” saad ni Anissa at inabot kay Azrail ang salamin at napatingin ang binata sa inis sa kanya ngunit tinanggap parin nito ang salamin at hinawakan. Hinarap naman ni Azrail ang salamin sa mukha ni Anissa.

Anissa puts the band aid herself and then took the mirror from Azrail's hands after. Di makapaniwalang lumingo si Azrail sa kanya at galit na tinitigan ang dalaga.

“You're unbelievable.” Azrail hissed and Anissa throw dagger on him.

“What?” she asked.

“Ikaw na nga tinulongan, ikaw pa 'tong nagsusungit?” inis na sambit ni Azrail at nag-iwas ng tingin si Anissa.

“Sino ba nagsabing tulongan mo'ko?”

“Pft.” Azrail scoffed in annoyance.

“Instead of saying sorry, you're being so rude to me.” Azrail hissed and sighed.

“Eh sino ba kasi nagsabing tulongan mo ako?” Anissa rebutted and Azrail sighed in frustration.

“Grabe!” bulong n'ya at hindi na pinatulan ni Anissa ito. Anissa puts the bed on the bed and sighed. She was empty headed, staring into nowhere but she found out something. The mirror was placed in the bed near where Azrail is standing but... There's no reflection of him.

Who is he really? She asked on her mind and gulped. Is he a ghost? She couldn't confirm it if wether he's a ghost or a human, she could see both. How could she confirm it?

Anissa felt her head was spinning because of headache. It's the aftershock of what happened. Azrail looked at her with a frowning face and help her lay down.

“Just stay here for tonight and take a rest already.” bilin ni Azrail at inayos ang kumot nito bago iniwan si Anissa sa kwarto.

Azrail went out the room and lean his back on the door. Pinakiramdaman ni Azrail ang presensya ni Anissa at napangiti s'yang bihira lang mangyari.

“Ano sa tingin n'ya? Makakatulog talaga ako rito sa unit n'ya? Tsk. He's a stranger, if I could sleep here, maybe I won't have a comfortable and good sleep. Baliw lang matutulog sa bahay ng weirdong tulad n'ya.”

Rinig n'ya ang patuloy na asik ni Anissa. Natahimik din si Anissa pagpagkatapos n'yang magreklamo at ilang minuto pa'y rinig ni Azrail ang komportable nitong paghinga at ang mahihina nitong hilik. Azrail smiled in seldom as he heard her little snore.

Azrail left his condominium after it.

NAGISING SA MALALIM NA pagkatulog si Anissa. She stretched her arms comfortably and opened her eyes. She took a deep calm breath and looked at the ceiling. Napatigil s'ya at napagtantong wala s'ya sa bahay n'ya. Agad s'yang napaupo sa kama at napatingin sa buong kwarto. Marahas s'yang napabuntong hininga nang naisip kung ano ang nangyari. She looked around the room and she didn't found Azrail in there. She stood up and went out the room. The unit was too gloomy, it only have few lights around. The unit was also lifeless, you can only see few furnitures, one couch, single sofa, a little glass table. One small fridge, a two black wooden storage cabinet.

If Anissa's apartment is also lifeless, this unit of Azrail is in another level of loneliness and too gloomy. Ngayon lang nakakita si Anissa ng mayamang hindi materialistic at napakasimpli. He's the weirdest.

FAITH
•|| fairyf8tales ||•