CHAPTER 15

IT'S BEEN A WEEK! Isang linggo nang hindi sila nakakapag-usap ni nagkita man lang. The situation is killing her. Anissa don't know if she's just worried that he won't make his promise or she just... She might be also missing his presence.

His scent. His smile. His stares. His gestures. That voice. That sexy laugh. The way how tall he is. The way he walks in. The way he hold me. Even his mere presence. Everything... Everything is flushing in my mind and this is getting bad. I have never been like this. I don't want to be like this. I don't wanna be in love... Or is it?

She sighed in frustration as she tried to take her necklace off. Her intrusive thoughts are telling her to take off the protection necklace and go somewhere where lots of evil spirits roam and make him come, show himself to her just like what he did before.

There's only one way to make him come...

THERE'S A BIG CHANCE FOR HIM to come the time she'll take off the necklace when she's inside the abandoned cemetery. With no hesitation, she stand in the center of the aisle of the cemetery as she tried to take off the necklace.

As soon as the chains of the protection necklace left the last part of hers, she saw the most unexpected and creepiest thing she have never expected.

The awra... The awra was too upholstered, crepuscular and daunting for her to carry.

A man with no face. All in black. With black ash around him. He's tall and broad. A faceless man... An evil spirit. Anissa couldn't move a vein. She could not lift her hand nor step on her feet. Then, she felt her toes shaking, her feet was giving up and suffocation starts. She felt like her throat was twitched to the point it almost stopped her from breathing but no, there's no one holding her.

In a blink of an eye, other spirits started to show themselves up and running towards Anissa like they are hungry and needed to be fed with a new soul. Her tears started to drip off from her eyes and the hope was fading... Azrail...

I need you, Azrail.

Her sense of sight became blurry, her breathing almost stopped and her body became weak. Then, a tear drop off from her eyes as soon as she faint and her whole sense was eaten by darkness.

THIS IS JUST A DREAM. A NIGHTMARE. A NEW NIGHTMARE THAT FEELS SO REAL.

Yes, my eyes were close and I know for sure I was asleep but my mind is fully awake. I was just half asleep, I know it. Ang nakikita ko'y kadiliman lamang. Walang kahit anong makikita kundi itim pero alam kong may kasama ako kung nasaan man ako ngayon. Hindi ko maindintihan ngunit ramdam kong may humahawak sa akin at pinipigilan akong gumalaw. Dahan-dahan, ang isang maliit na kurap ng liwanag ay lumalaki at lumalawak hanggang sa nakita ko kung saan ako dinala ng panaginip ko.

Our house. My home.

Tears immediately flow from my eyes with no brake. My heart felt heavy and in pain. Then, the scenario of the young me with my parents flushed right in front of my own two eyes.

“Goodnight, our sweetheart!” my mom whispered as they kissed my forehead. They went out my room immediately as soon as the young me fell asleep.

I followed my parents to their bedroom. I've missed them.

“Anissa is growing too fast.” my dad whispered to my mom as he kissed her in the forehead.

“Yeah... And she's the sweetest blessing God gave us.” m answered.

“Thanks to Azrail, he gave you the second chance to live. Kung hindi dahil sa kanya ay baka mamumulat ang mata ni Anissa na walang ama. He's also a gift from above.” mother added and my heart sunk. Azrail? Azrail Eisenhower, is it?

He did met my parents? How? How did this happen?

“Yes, that boy. I saw the light but then there he comes saving me from the light I never wanted to see. Azrail treated himself as a curse for being grim reaper but he was our blessing. One day, I'll repay him.” my father hissed.

The suddenly outburst of emotion made my heart sunk and I end up crying aloud. Azrail! Azrail helped my father...  I went near my parents and tried to hug them but I couldn't. Hindi ko sila mahawakan! At dahil doon ay lalong umusbong ang sakit na naramdaman ko.

“Mom, dad!” I cried as I was trying again and again to hold them, to hug them and embrace them. I want to hug them but they were just like the wind — can not be touched.

Then, I just found myself delve inside my own room once again. The young me woke up in the middle of the night.

“I'm hungry but mom and dad is still asleep. I'll get it for myself.” the young me hissed and jumped out the bed.

My eyes encircled when realization hits me. This was the night when the fire had taken place! I went back to my mom and dad's room, crying. I knocked on their door as if they'll hear my agony.

“Mom, dad! Wake up, please! Wake up! Please!” I cried as I tried too hard knocking their door. I ran towards the young me again trying to stop her from going to the kitchen.

“No! No! Don't go there, you stupid! No! You're going to kill your parents. No!” I cried aloud as I tried to hold the young me to stop her from committing my own crime.

“No! Please!” I cried. Then, when the gas tank opened it immediately caught the opened burner. The fire started and my young self was there, dumbfounded and stilled in place.

“Anissa!” that familiar manly voice clamours my name. As I turned my head to look, I saw the man who offered help to me. He run across me and saved the young me. And then, Azrail was able to put the young me outside the house and with a blink of an eye, the fire stopped. Azrail turned and sigh.

His eyes met mine and the way his eyes gleams in the dark send shivers down to my spine and delivered running electricity in my heart. I thought it was a coincidence but when his expression started to change to shock, I know that this dream is a conscious memory.

Then, he ran upstairs and I followed him. What I saw was the most unheralded moment, my uncle with a bomb and in a second, it exploded, burning everything and erased every trace of my mom and dad.

“No!” I shouted.

FAITH
•|| fairyf8tales ||•