CHAPTER 11

ANISSA PERSONALLY PROCESSED Azrail's unit. Hindi alam ni Anica pero noong sinabi ni Azrail na babalik s'ya sa unit na inukupa n'yo noon ay nakaramdam s'ya ng labis na pagkasabik. It's weird that thinking of him being inside that condominium is giving her that excitement she shouldn't have felt.

“Ayy! Para akong baliw.” bulong n'ya sa kanyang sarili. Padaskil s'yang umupo sa swivel chair n'ya at malakas na napabuntong hininga.

Without her realizing, she was already smiling. It was a smile that she haven't wore for years. It's the smile that is very rare to see. It's a smile that could also brighten the day of the people around her.

Jassie who saw her smiling to no one, let her be. She was happy to si Anissa smiling like that, it's hard to see from her. She tiptoed out of the office.

“Ayy, jusko po!” sigaw ni Jassie nang makitang nasa harap n'ya si Axielle at para bang may hinahanap ito.

“Is Esay inside?” he asked and Jassie thought about it for some seconds. Hindi n'ya alam na ito ang tawag ni Axielle kay Anissa.

“Ahh! Yes po, Miss Anissa is inside.” she answered and Axielle thanked her before he went inside Anissa's office.

Axielle wanted to knock but it was already half open so, he went inside immediately. Axielle saw the smile drew on Anissa's face that it leave him being inquisitive. Axielle was happy to see her like that but it's also confusing him, she never smile like that. Axielle cleared his throat to get Anissa's attention and he succeed. She shifted on her seat with her smile wiped off already.

“Do you need anything?” she asked without looking at him.

“You seems happy. Ang ganda-ganda mo kapag nakangiti ka.” he hissed on his soft voice and Anissa shifted once again on her seat uncomfortably. Anissa cleared her throat and shook her head slightly.

“May kailangan kaba?” tanong n'ya ulit.

“Oh, yeah...” Axielle exclaimed and sat down on the single sofa. Anissa waited for him to talk and tell her what he needs. Yet, she has an idea what he need once again.

“Let's eat dinner together.” as expected.

“Sure!” she immediately answered making Axielle surprised about it.

“What?” he asked.

“I said, sure. Let's eat dinner out.” She clarified making Axielle smile widely.

“Thank you, Anissa. Susunduin kita mamaya pagkatapos ng trabaho mo.” masayang usal nito at tumayo. Then, he said good bye after that. He was satisfied as he rushed out her office. Minsan lang pumapayag si Anissa na kumain sila sa labas o mag-usap man lang kaya malaking bagay na para sa kanya iyon.

They were very close before, actually. They're very inseparable but after Axielle confessed his feelings to her, every changed. Anissa distant herself from him and said, “You and I will never be a normal couple like you would imagine. Just brush your feelings away. That will fade as time goes by.”

Anissa thought that it was the best thing to do, not to hurt him and give her false hope. She constantly reject him as she fears that his feelings will get deeper if they'll spend too much time together. But this past two days, she felt like she needs to... She feels like to spend some time with Jassie, Axielle or even Azrail, they're the only one who are close to her and they're the only people who could talk, approach, appreciate and are not that fearful when it comes to her. But Azrail... He's something.

People fear her eyes, people hates her stares, people don't like her. Only Azrail can look deeply to her eyes, held her fearlessly, stare at her with that sparkles in his eyes. Only him has the strength to stare at me on the eyes and smile fearlessly and holds me recklessly.

SHE SAID YES, AND SHE'S A WOMAN OF HER WORDS. Axielle finished his work fist so, he waited for Anissa. Anissa walked out the building and Axielle was waiting for her outside.

“Axielle!” she called and approached him who was leaning on his car, blank minded. Axielle smiled at her and walked towards Anissa who was walking from a little distance. Axielle took her handbag and his smile widen as Anissa let him do it.

“Let's go.” he hissed. They both walked towards Axielle's car but before they could step in, Anissa saw this familiar man right in front of her eyes.

“Anissa!” he called her name in a soft tone as his eyes were extremely glued to her.

“Mr. Eisenhower!” she exclaimed and walked towards Azrail who was looking at her intently.

“Hi! You're going somewhere?” he asked and Anissa politely nodded. Anissa felt someone's existence right in his back. It's Axielle who followed her immediately.

“We need to talk, can we? After you guys go out? Or let's do it other time?” He asked politely with a small smile on his face. Anissa thought for a second before she answered.

“Let's talk after dinner. Maybe at early nine, I'll go to your unit.” she answered plainly and Azrail nodded. It's not bad, he just need to talk to her.

“Sure! Just go in straight. I'll text you the unit's password. Enjoy your night.” he hissed before walking away from them. Anissa followed Azrail who is now fading from her sight. Anissa felt someone held her arms so, she immediately dudge and stepped away.

“Let's go.” Anissa hissed and Axielle just followed.

Axielle was silent the whole drive and it's not like him. He always ask, share or talk to her with excitement but Anissa don't want to obliged herself in asking him what's wrong. When they got to the restaurant Axielle picked, they ordered right away. Anissa didn't dared to talk nor Axielle.

In that private dining area, all they could hear was the clinking of the utensils as they eat silently. Arielle can't hold the silent anymore and he was curious about something.

“Do you two know each other that well?” he asked and Anissa puts down her utensils and looked at him.

“Not so but maybe we would know each other well after days perhaps.” she answered in a matter-of-fact tone. Axielle cleared his throat and Anissa felt his awkwardness towards the situation.

“Kailangan pa bang ikaw pumunta sa unit n'ya? Maybe it would be better if you are going to talk in public places, it's safer.” he hissed and Anissa crossed her legs and her arms in her chest.

“It's a private matter. We need to do it privately.”  Anissa emphasized the word private to intimidate him and she succeed.

“What private matter could that be?” he asked trying to be humourous bit his voice was screaming thrilled.

“That's between us already.” Anissa remained unfazed.

“Taposin mo na pagkain mo, I need to go to him just like what I said.” Anissa hissed and wiped her mouth.

“I thought I could spend more time with you.” he whispered and went back to eating.

“I have no intention to do so. You said dinner, so, just dinner.” she answered brutally honest not minding how she could hurt his feelings.

FAITH
•|| fairyf8tales ||•