CHAPTER 12

ANISSA DIDN'T BOTHER TO KNOCK OR RING the doorbell and she went inside the unit with no hesitation. Azrael gave his pin code to her, that means she has the rights to walk in.

She was welcomed by the deafening silence and gloomy room. There was no one in there but only the two wine glass in the good for two table. She put her hand bag on the sofa and went near the table. She took one of the glass wine and took a little sip from it.

“There's no poison on it, does it?” Anissa asked when she felt someone's existence from the distant. She turned to look at him and Azrail stares at her with a smile.

“What if it does?” he hissed and Anissa raised an eyebrow.

“What else? Of course, I'll die.” she said in brusque. Azrail let out a sexy chuckle and walked towards her. Anissa stayed on her feet as she waited for him to get close to her.

“You are really reckless.” he whispered on his baritone voice and puts his both hands on the table, locking Anissa in there.

She tried to stay calm but she can't maki her heart beat slow down. Azrail was too close to her... Too close! Anissa gulped and looked at his eyes.

Malalim ang titig ng mapupungay na mata ni Azrail habang wala itong imik na nakatitig sa magandang mukha ni Anissa. He pushed himself near her body even more.

“W-What are you doing?” she stuttered. She should keep her posture but she can't! He's too close to her and she don't know why does she feels like she's melting by his deep stares. When other men do this to her, when other men tries to amuse, flirt and rizz her, she end up with no butterflies and thrills on her but... This feeling is too foreign. I can't handle it!

Anissa immediately pushed Azrail away of her and she immediately fixed herself and looked at him.

“Stop that. L-Let's focus on what w-we need to talk about.” her alibi and sat down in the sofa. Azrail clandestinely chuckled and turned to look at her.

“So...” he hissed and Anissa looked at him with a questioning expression.

“So, we can continue after our talk?” mapilyo nitong saad at nanlaki ang mata ni Anissa sa narinig.

“W-Wala namang kailangan i-ituloy!” asik n'ya at napailing-iling si Azrail sa inasta nito.

He observed that she's not easy to get swayed with people. She's hard to please and hard to be read by them but not to Azrail. The way she acts a minute ago shows how fragile she is in the inside... Or maybe... Maybe just for him, she's soft.

“I have some few questions and they are personal.” he hissed and Anissa nodded at him.

“That's fine. I know for sure that after this, we will turn into strangers again, right?” she said full of hope and Azrail answered with a slight nod.

“But... Of course I'll give you something in exchange for the help you offered.” she added and Azrail crossed his arms on his chest.

“I have power, money and wealth, I don't need fame nor people. What else could you offer?”

Anissa stopped for a moment before she talked once again, “Then, let's make it like this.”

“Just like Genie, I'll grant your wishes but you only have two. Kahit ano.” sagot naman ni Anissa na walang pag-alinlangan at naaliw si Azrail dito. Sa totoo lang ay wala talaga s'yang mahihiling galing kay Anissa dahil nasa kanya na ang kailangan n'ya at ang gusto n'ya ay hindi naman kayang ibigay nito pero kung sakali man meron ay magagamit n'ya ang kasunduan na ito.

“Okay, deal.” he agreed.

“Let's start already.” Anissa cuts the chase and Azrail immediately started to ask her.

“Exact date did it started.”

“After the death of my parents. They died May 11, 2004 and right after I woke up from the incident, I can see those creatures I shouldn't.” she answered and Azrail sat down on the sofa before he asked the next question.

“Where it happened and what happened?” he asked and Anissa was hesitant.

“Do I really need to answer those?” she asked and Azrail hair politely nodded. Anissa was silent for a moment and Azrail don't want to ruin her peace of mind so, he talked.

“It's fine if you don't want to tell it right now, you can take your time and collect the courage to answer my question. And if you really can't...”

“I really don't want to use this method to you but that's the only thing I can do if you can't talk but you want my help. I'll need someone to read your memory.” he added making Anissa amused.

“Someone can do that?” she asked in an awe. What a sudden change of emotion. Cute.

“Yepp, you want me to call her for you?” he offered and Anissa shook her head.

“No need, I'll call you once I can answer those questions. Uhmm... Anything else?” she hissed and Azrail thought about it. Those are the only things he needs to find out but he doesn't want Anissa to go yet. Be thought of throwing some silliness on her again.

“That's all except for one thing.” sagot n'ya at nakade-kwatrong umupo sa sofa habang nakatitig sa kanya.

“Ano?”

“I think we need to continue what we started earlier.” he hissed in a seductive tone. Anissa's eyes encircled and threw a dagger stare on him.

“We didn't started anything!” she defensively shouted making Azrail chuckles.

“Chill, gal! I'm just joking.” he said and looked at her straight to her eyes as he stopped for a moment.

“Do you want me to take you home? It's very late. Baka ano na naman mangyari sa'yo sa daan.” he said full of concern and Anissa thought about it for some second before she said yes.

She thought that Azrail was like her knight. He continues to protect her and even tries to make a way for her to live a normal life, giving all he got to help and that's all too much for helping a stranger like her. But if he has that dark scheme behind her, she's fine with it for she was the one who asked for help and she's the reason why they keep on crossing paths. If she dies, it's her fault.

“Thank you for always helping me.” Anissa thanked and Azrail patted her head.

“Anything.”

FAITH
•|| fairyf8tales ||•