CHAPTER 19

ANISSA WAS WORKING HAND ON HAND for days already. Their hotel was quite busy because of the upcoming fest and people are flooding in. Dahil sa sobrang okupado ng utak n'ya ay dahan-dahang nalilimot n'ya si Azrail. It was a progress for her. She's happy that she could invest her time in her work being fully occupied and avoid thinking about being ghosted- she's able to forget and move away from those things that happened.

Maliban doon ay may mga bagay rin siyang sinusubukang mag-isa. She was trying to live and not just survive. She's trying to go out her comfort zone and live the rest of her life free from grudges and conscience. She tried going from places to places, eating new foods, enjoying meditations and more. Hindi tulad noong nakakakita siya ng multo, agad n'ya itong tinutulungan. The necklace she's wearing gives her freedom from the afterlife. She might see them but can't hear them, they can see her but can't hold or danger her and that gives her peace of mind.

"Miss, your last appointment will be a meeting with the new shareholders." Jassie informed and Anissa just nodded. They immediately went to their last appointment.

Their last appointment was supposed to be one hour meeting but due to some questions from the newbies, they extend to two hours. They had too many questions before they proceeded to the reading of regulations and then, the contract signing. Pagkatapos nila ay agad silang nagligpit ng kanilang mga gamit at sabay lumabas ng opesina.

"Nakakainis naman 'yon miss. Parang sino kung makaasta. "Well, how can we trust you if the CEO could not make it and let you come instead?" amp, dami n'yang alam." inis na puna ni Jassie nang maalala ang isa sa shareholders na napakadaming tanong ay parang ayaw ba nitong pumirma. Anissa chuckled in Jassie's silliness.

"Hayaan mo na. Some people are really like that." Anissa hissed.

Anissa and Jassie became close and was suddenly inseparable. Anissa feels safe with Jassie and she can be her with her. She had tried lots of new things because of her too.

"Miss, arat shot." biglang pang-aaya nito.

"Ngayon? Bakit?" tanong ni Anissa rito.

"Wala lang. Super nakakapagod ng araw na 'to eh. Stress reliever ba." sagot pa nito at pinaningkitan ni Anissa ng mata ito.

"Siguradohin mong di ka malalasing. Ayaw kong mag-alaga ng lasing ha!" banta ni Anissa at agad pumayag ito.

They went to a bar - a public bar. It's Anissa's first time to be in such a crowded bar with too loud music, many people dancing in the hall, some are making out in the dark edge of the bar. Anissa don't know what to feel but she's already here, she needs to try it.

"Isang Gin-Tang mix." sambit ni Jassie sa taohan ng bar. Hindi alam ni Anissa kung anong klaseng inomin iyon. She never heard of that. All she tried to drank was Alfonso, Black Labels, Mary, Fondador Light and those expensive wine and alcohols.

When she tried that Gin-Tang thing, she knows that she should not let herself drink many of it. Baka hindi n'ya kayanin lalo na't ngayon lang siya nakainom nito. She secretly skip shots and let Jassie drink it. Nang nakalahati na sila ay halatang may pagbabago sa galaw ni Jassie.

"Miss, sayaw tayo!" sigaw pa nito at agad pumunta sa maraming taong nagsasayawan. Agad nawala sa paningin n'ya ito at napakunot ang noo n'ya. Masyadong madaming tao, may mga lalaki pang halatang bastos at kung kani-kaninong katawan nalang dinadapo ang kanilang mga kamay- 'yon ang nakita ni Anissa.

Agad siyang tumayo upang hanapin si Jassie. Nakipagsiksikan siya sa maraming tao na iyo na todo sayaw at sigaw. Anissa feels nauseous because of the unusual smell of the place, so as the loud bang of the music and the excessive disco lights.

"Jass!" sigaw n'ya. She did not see Cassie anywhere and suddenly she felt like someone is looking at her and following her. She looked back and saw a man. A hank.

"Hi, miss. Kanina kapa pasikot-sikot, may hinahanap ka?" tanong nito at kumunot ang noo ni Anissa sa tanong na halata naman ang sagot. She rolled her eyes on him and went back on searching for Jassie.

"Miss!" tawag nito at hinawakan ang braso ni Anissa.

Anissa immediately held his wrist and twitched it.

"Huwag na huwag mo idadapo ang madumi mong kamay sa maganda kong balat. I might get a disease, pervert." Anissa hissed and pushed him away.

"Hoy babae -" sinundan siya nito at ramdam ni Anissa na hahawakan siya ulit ng loko ngunit bago pa man siya makalingon ay rinig n'ya ang malakas na pagbagsak. Nang lumingon siya nakita n'yang nakatidhaya ang lalaki at namimilipit sa sakit.

Anissa was shocked and her jaw dropped. When she lift her head up, she saw that unexpected creature in front of her with it's brows frowning and his jawline was shaking in anger. His eyes were bright red. When Anissa saw it, she immediately called him by his name before anyone could see his eyes.

"Azrail!" she shouted. Then, he lift up his head and immediately, his bright red eyes were back to normal. The anger that was painted in his face a minute ago suddenly faded. His warm brown shade eyes depletes while staring at Anissa.

"Miss! Tara na, sayaw tayo." Jessie suddenly clung on Anissa's arm. She's literally drunk. She was blank minded and don't know what's happening around her while Anissa was there - not knowing what to do.

Anissa was there left speechless, looking at the man in front of him. Her heart was aching and those words he had said to her was rewinding like a line in a movie. Rewinding it was stabbing her chest multiple - countless millions of times. She was already fine! She was!

A tear drop escaped her eyes and now her heart is filled with anger, hate and despair. Why did he came back after leaving her for three months?! He left her without a word, without a goodbye and without any excuse. He left her with nothing. And he came back, showed himself in front of her like nothing happened.

He was there looking straight to Anissa's eyes like he did not left her for three months. Anissa gritted her teeth in anger and dried her eyes off.

"Jassie, uuwi na tayo." sambit n'ya at agad na kinaladkad palabas ng bar si Jassie. She walked passed through Azrail like he did not exist and that he is no one and act like Anissa don't know her.

FAITH
•|| fairyf8tales ||•