CHAPTER 20

ANISSA WAS HAVING HARD TIMES holding Jassie. Ang likot ni Jassie at ang ingay.

“Jassie, umayos ka! Malapit na tayo sa— AHH!” sigaw ni Anissa nang matumba sila sa kalikotan nito. Pagtayo n'ya ay hinawakan n'ya si Azrail upang tulungan ngunit agad n'ya itong tinulak palayo.

“Don't touch me!” Anissa hissed and did her best to stood up with Jassie.

“I shouldn't touch you because you might get a disease?” Azrail asked in sarcastic way and Anissa didn't give a fuck.

“Let me help you.” Azrail offered but Anissa said something that stopped him.

“Just go away and get lost. Leave like you always do.” Anissa shouted and Azrail was out of words with that. Despite of Anissa's rejection, he keeps following them.
Azrail was hurt but he understands. As he should.

“Miss! Nakasunod pa rin sa atin 'yong poging weirdo oh!” Jessie whispered allowed to Anissa. Siningkitan n'ya ito ng tingin at inirapan. Masyado itong lasing para mamukhaan si Azrail.

He knows he's in fault for this and what Anissa feel is valid.

“Can you just fucking stop following us?” Anissa screamed at him. The well-composed Anissa loses her temper and composure. Nakita ni Azrail ang namumuong luha sa mga mata ni Anissa pero ayaw n'yang umalis lalo na't may baon siyang balita rito.

He don't want her good side, he just need to fulfill his promises, that's why he showed himself once again.

“Sabing alis eh. Sundin mo si Master Anissa.” napatingin si Azrail sa lasing na si Jassie at napabuntong hininga. With one click of Azrail's hands, Jassie wasn't with them anymore. It's just them in that silent, empty road looking at each other. Anissa knew what Azrail did to Jassie but did not asked anymore.

“Ani—”

“Leave! Leave like you always do, Azrail! I don't want to see your fucking face anymore! Leave! Leave me behind like you always do!” she shouted and the tears she have been stopping to fall, flows.

“Anissa, listen to me first. Please? I know I'm in fault—”

“Good thing that you know. Then, leave!” Anissa shouted once again and tried to walk away from him.

“Stop making me leave and listen to me first! Listen to what I need to say, I want you to hear me out.” Azrail answered. He was losing control of his voice that he's about to shout.

“Then, why did you not tell me that before you left me behind without a word?”

“Because I danger you, Anissa! Your life is at risk when I'm with you!” Azrail shouted back but with caution in his voice. Shouting but not mad. He shouted to be heard by her.

“When I found out that I am the one who makes your situation worst, I just want to fucking disappear because i have no face to show you. Ako 'tong tumutulong sa 'yo pero ako rin pala itong parang sumpa sa buhay mo.” Azrail paused and took a deep breath. For the second time in his life, he felt that familiar emotion he felt once before. His heart was aching and feels heavy that he couldn't even talk straight.

“I-I breaks me i-into pieces leaving you b-behind! It breaks me a l-lot. You...” Azrail paused and sighed. He walked near her but Anissa immediately took a step away.

“I need to leave you behind so that I could protect you, Anissa.” he added.

“You're lying...” she whispered but Azrail shook his head.

“I won't even dare to lie to you.”

“Being near you opens the afterlives portal inside you. I found that out. The more we get closer— physically and emotionally, your connection to the afterlife opens wider and that worsen your situation. If I didn't leave you immediately, you might now have touched ghosts or the ghosts may be able to danger you physically.”

Anissa was shocked, really. But she understand now why he did that but there is one thing that she couldn't.

“W-Why leave m-me when y-you could protect m-me from them?” Anissa stuttered as she tries to stop her tears while talking.

“But I can't protect you from myself.” Azrail answered with disappointment in his voice.

“It was my only option. I need to leave you while I am looking for a solution to your problem, to get rid off your third eye and close the afterlife portal inside you.” He added and a small smile formed in his face.

“Now I found a way and solution.” Azrail paused and sighed before finishing his words, “So, let me stay by your side and resolve everything. After that, I could leave you and give the peace you want.”

There are still lots of things I want to say to you, Anissa. A lot. But, I don't think saying those unsaid words would fix this. It's better if those words remain unspoken.

“You'll just leave me hanging once again.” Anissa hissed and her tears continuously fall.

“I won't. This will be the last time. I will leave only after you get the life you want so, please let me come closer to you.”

They fell silent and there was no answer from Anissa and they were just staring at each other full of mixed emotions. Azrail could not handle the silence between them, he walked slowly to her and stopped at one inch away from her. 

Si Anissa ay hanggang mukha lang ni Azrail ang taas n'ya at kailangan n'ya pang itaas ang tingin upang makita ang mga mata nito ngunit hindi — hindi n'ya kayang tignan ito sa mga mata. She was never this vulnerable! Never she is! But this man's promises got her heart chained and locked, opening it once again is hard as it feels like she was sabotaging herself and just making herself get hurt again.

Azrail can't fight the urge of hugging her anymore. Unconsciously, he wrapped his arms around her shoulders and pull her closer to his chest. He hugged her tight as he could. Then, it was the best moment for him for a second but then the best became a worrisome and a horrifying experience. 

They were slowly delved unto a place full of misery and  anger.

All Anissa saw was big rocks and precarious boulders all over the place, covered with fog and ashes.

“Where are we?”

“Inside the grudgeful soul.” Azrail answered in shock as he looked at Anissa. The fear and confusion was drawn all over her face, Azrail can see it.

FAITH
•|| fairyf8tales ||•