CHAPTER 5

ANISSA WAS DEEPLY ASLEEP when suddenly her phone rang. Inis n'yang inabot ang kanyang cellphone at tiningnan ang tumawag.

“Fuck!” inis n'yang mura at hindi sinagot ang tawag. Sinundan ng tatlong text message ito.

From: Mr. Axielle Oliver
Messages:
Good morning, Isay. ☺️🌅

Are you still asleep? I need to talk to you about something.

Dad and mom booked a  family meeting. I'll come fitch you.

Anissa throw her cellphone in the side table and lay down then closed her eyes again. She sighed and opened her eyes as she looked up to her empty ceiling. It's her day off and she doesn't have anything to do. Maybe, it's better if she'll attend to their family meeting.
She stood up and fixed her bed. She took her phone anf replied to Axielle.

Don't fitch me. I'll go on my own. I'll go to somewhere first.

She replied before going to the bathroom. She took a bath for half an hour and then wore her hoodie and a short shorts. She took her back pack and puts a black fitted trouser, a black t-shirt and a black rubber shoes. Naglagay din s'ya ng sketch pad at iilang lapis sa loob ng kanyang bag. Agad naman s'yang umalis nang madala na n'ya ang mga kakailanganin n'ya para sa pagpunta sa lunch meeting na sinabi ni Azrail.

It's still early, 6:58 AM in the morning and she has a lot of time to spend it somewhere she could spend her time. She drove to that abandoned two storey house which is already ruined. Wala namang pumupunta rito dahil nga takot dahil sa napakaluma nitong tignan at may mga sabi-sabi ritong naroon daw ang multo ng ma-ari ng nasabing bahay ngunit mali ang mga sabi-sabi nito dahil walang maramdaman ni nakita si Anissa rito sa loob ng ilang taon n'yang pagbalik-balik dito.

She went to the second floor of the house where it was a total mess. Cracked woods, spider webs, ruined and ripped stuffed toys, and a half ruined balcony with only few wooden railing remaining and the right balustrade. She went to the balcony and sat down despite of it being ruined. She took her sketch pad and pencils out her back pack and started to draw the scenery she's seeing from the balcony.

A perfect scenery of a ruined, burnt tower. A half concrete, half wooden tower with only 5 ft. tall, like it was especially made for a kid to play on.

Anissa spent her time in that balcony. After she drew she fell asleep, laying down in that dirty floor comfortably. When she woke up it was already around 10:00 am so, she immediately stood up and fixed herself. She drove to the nearest mall and went inside it's comfort room to change. Her fitted trouser hugged her thick thighs and was perfect enough to show her curves if she would wear some secy tops but that aren't her style. She wore the black 'n white t-shirt she brought and tacked it in her trouser. She tied her hair in a ponytail and immediately went out the mall after she fixed herself.

Agad naman n'ya tinungo ang bahay ng pamilya Oliver at sakto ang dating n'ya at kompleto na ang mga ito. Mendel Oliver and Allyson Oliver, is Axielle's father and mother, then, Lettie Oliver, Axielle's younger sister, Axielle was there too. Tipid s'yang ngumiti rito at lumapit sa magulang ni Axielle.

“Good morning, Tita, Tito.” bati n'ya at nakipagbeso-beso sa mga ito.

“Good morning, sweetheart. Akala namin hindi ka pupunta.” saad naman ng ina ni Axielle.

“Well, we only have family lunch rarely, diba hija?” saad naman ni Mendel na tinanguan naman ni Anissa.

“Matagal-tagal na rin 'yong huli nating kumain magkasama.” Anissa.

When she was seated, the maids immediately served the foods. They were all silent while eating, all they can hear inside the dining room was the clinking of the utensils. It was all silent but not until Lettie broke it.

“Ate Isay?” sambit nito.

“Hmm?”

“You should come back here in the house. Why would you live in that apartment? Except that the location was too shabby and squatter, ang liit pa ng unit mo. I mean, it's more comfortable to live here, right?” saad ni Lettie.

No. It's more comfortable to live alone in that small unit than to live inside their house where she feels so indebted.

“Ayos lang naman ako roon, Let. Isa pa convenient sakin dahil malapit lang sa mga gusto kong puntahan. I also love that unit.” sagot naman ni Anissa.

“How about live in a better apartment? Don't mind the expenses, ako na bahala.” saad ng ama ni Axielle at binaba ni Anissa ang kanyang kobyertos. She wiped her mouth with her table napkin and looked at Mendel.

“Tito...” Anissa sighed and gave him a bittersweet smile.

“Ayos lang po ako, tito. Komportable naman ang buhay ko roon. Grabe na ang utang na loob ko sa inyo. Ayaw ko namang magdependi nalang lagi sa inyo.” saad ni Anissa at hinawakan ni Allyson ang kamay n'ya.

“Sweetheart, we're family in here.  You don't need to feel like that. We helped you because we are family, it's not a charity.” Allyson hissed and caressed her hand.

“Thank you, tita. But, no. I can't accept more help from you. Ayos na naman ako eh. Huwag kayo mag-alala. Ayos na ayos ako.” Anissa assured. Aangal pa sana ang tatlo ngunit pinigilan sila ni Axielle, “Mom, Dad, Lettie, hayaan n'yo na si Isay, she's like that since we were young, you know how sure she is in every decision she makes, hindi na nagbabago 'yon.”

They all went silent after what Axielle said and gave up.

AFTER THE LUNCH, ANISSA stayed there until night and spend it with Axielle's family. Pasado alas nuwebe na nang mapagpasyahan n'yang umuwi. Habang nagd-drive ay nakatanggap s'ya ng tawag. She tried to take her phone from the shotgun seat while she's driving. Dahil hirap at layo ng phone ay nahulog ito kakaabot n'ya.

“Hays!” inis n'yang bulong at nag-angat s'ya ng tingin.

“Ahh!” sigaw n'ya nang malapitang makabangga s'ya kaya marahas n'yang naapakan ang brake dahilan upang mabundol ang ulo n'ya sa manibela. Dizzy, she looked up and tried to look for the man she almost hit. When Anissa saw no one she felt nervous. Her forehead was bleeding and her sight was blurry. She wasn't able to process things in her head and without any second thoughts, she went out the car.

Nang wala s'yang makitang kahit sino man ay doon s'ya nagtaka. I'm sure someone is here.

Anissa frooze when she felt someone's existence from her back and she was quite sure that it's no human. She gulped and turned around, there she saw a no arm and damage head man full of blood. In shock, she wasn't able to move and the spirit held her in her neck.

I need help. Help! She thought. She can speak, she can't shout, she can't fight. The spirit was choking her that she could hardly breath.

Tulong!

FAITH
•|| fairyf8tales ||•