Overdue Payment

Li Cheng did as he said, everyone got surprise as the former minister of finance were now begging in prison along of all his family and associates., the one that impersonate the empress were now being tortured and soon to be hung for her crimes.

Everyone was shocked to see her being treated like that. Then and There they all now believe how severe the consequences of them being disrespectful of the royals.

They all now understand how the emperor respond by them being against the empress

It's like Li Cheng is now baring his fangs for the sake of the empress.

It's clear that he wants to protect the empress and word got out that he truly love the empress and is willing to do anything just to please her.

And while walking silently in the palace main garden, being proud of his own action and at how he took mater's in his hand for the first time with out the officials dictations, he now can control the situation on his own empire.

Then out of the blue a figure rush towards him that he prepared to catch so she won't get hurt.

"Li Cheng you did something that's really made my day, thank you!" Kim Li said running straight to Li Cheng making the emperor startled hugging her and slightly twirling her so both of them wont fall to the ground.

"Really, I guess I should have done it earlier, If your going to be this way" he said hugging the empress tightly

"Yeah, you should have done it earlier." She mumbled on his chest hugging him back.

"though now everyone is against you for favoring me, and all those ladies in your backyard will have their hearts break into pieces with the news." She said letting him go as she is curious as of how will he respond.

"As long as your happy, then I'm satisfied with my actions."

"You say that as if I put a love potion on you. It's sweet to the point that it's annoying Li Cheng" she responded as they walked together around the garden.

They talked about their differences and how to improve their relationship,

Kim Li already know how he feels about her and She's starting to be comfortable with his presence, she slowly accept his advances as its her first time being courted by a gentle man in the old fashion way.

With letters, flowers, surprises and authority.

I remember like it was yesterday after the punishment with the lions, he bought me flowers and all the maid servants were involve by his mischievousness making my whole courtyard a sea of flowers of different kind and that got the empire in an uproar.

"You really enjoy it when someone is being hurt." he said taking her hair and smelling it

"Ofcourse, its fulfilling to see the ones who harm me in agony specially if someone did it for me by their own accord and their sole reason was to make me happy. so thank you for that Li Cheng I really appreciate it" She said giving him a kiss on the chicks making him stunned.

"Come on maybe A-Jin is already done with dinner, I have her prepare Bacon Pea Salad, Apple Cider Pork Chops,and Yogurt Corn Bread" she said excited wanting him to try some of the dish she usually eat when she was in the modern time.

"Then lets head to the main hall and invite Jun Meng and Queen Mother" he said making the empress shock

"Hey! I don't know if Queen Mother would like that kind of dish." she panicked as the emperor drag her towards the main hall with a wide grin on his face.

They eat peacefully and Enjoy each other's presence making fun of the empress while Queen Mother kept teasing her for a heir as soon as possible.

Li Cheng already explained to her that it was all a misunderstanding of the prince of that day, and is just his own mischievousness to mess up with his older brother.

Kim Li also said that going along with the prince misunderstanding can temporary keep the concubines in check, while the empress and emperor is busy with state affairs and she fully understand her reasoning with the emperor backing her every move, plus in exchange for Queen Mother's pardoning the empress, his majesty offered her to spend time with her every chance he have.

And that's a win win for the former Queen.

Kim Li started sketching the plan to help the said kingdom.

And weeks have passed as they're now heading out towards the declining Kingdom with all the proposals in hand that our dear empress sacrifice her sleep for.

She came prepared while Li Cheng assist her whenever she need something she can't handle.

Both of them are busy to begin with and so are their subordinates, well more projects more work and more work means more the empress is hot headed.,

Now the one inside the carriage with her is keeping their breaths in check so the said sleeping beauty won't turn into a beast at any moment.

And as usual Jun Meng and the crone princess was left with all their work load, dealing with the officials while pampering their mother.

It's rare for the emperor and empress to be one with the delegation team but for their sincerity they both hurriedly plan their departure and left the empire.

But in all honesty they took that their chance to leave their work for a peaceful vacation hopefully.

If things go according to their plans smoothly, then maybe they can relax and bond as husband and wife.

That's what Li Cheng thoughts all about through out the carriage ride.

And once they enter their territory what awaits them was beyond what they expected and almost want to regret their decisions.

As they need to revise all of their previous plans to go with the actual situation of the declining Kingdom.