15. Pete

VEGAS

Pete never listen. When I saw him came out of the main family's car with Porsche and Arm, I almost couldn't control my expression. My business smile dropped a little for a second. From during the mansion tour until after the briefing for the mission ended, he had been continuously avoiding me. I had no chance to talk to him at all.

During lunch, even though I gave him a signal to sit next to me, he chose to sit on the furthest empty chair from my sit. While we were all talking, I can see how distracted Pete was. He was not in the mood to be involved in our conversation. He barely eating too. He kept on playing with the food using the fork in his left hand.

The only time he spoke was with Arm. I was wondering what they were talking about until I saw this bodyguard of mine kept on staring at Pete and he's clearly making Pete uncomfortable. I glared at the bodyguard until he moved his eyes to another direction.

For the whole day, I frequently found myself looking at him. I couldn't take my eyes out of him. I couldn't stop wondering why did he insisted to get involved in this mission. I found out his reason later that night.

I was going to get out of my room when I saw a silhoutte walking passed my room from the small gap between door and the floor. Once the silhoutte was gone I slowly opened my door to see who was that silhoutte belongs to. I was surprise, but I somehow I expected this. "Pete."

I called my most trusted bodyguard, Nop and instructed him to go to the guard house where the screens for all the cctvs of this mansion were shown. I ordered him to get the bodyguards on duty out and wait for me there.

Before going to the guard house, I waited for Pete to come out from Pa's room. I was waiting for Pete when Nop called me. "Khun Gun has arrived." One sentence from Nop made me panic.

"Wait for me there. I'll arrived soon." I walked fast towards Pa's room. I need to get Pete out of Pa's room first behore he arrived. Once I reached at the front of Pa's room, I immediately opened the door.

"Pete. I know you are in here. Get out." I have no time to search for him. Pete came out almost immediately after I called him out. Not long after, he came out. It somehow made me feel relief and happy. He at least trust me enough to show himself in that situation where he got caught snooping around Pa's room.

"What are you doing here?" He dared to ask me that question when he was the one wandering around other people's house. Also, the way he asked me that question with that innocent face of his.

"Are you kidding? That should be my line!" I reminded him, hoping for him to be more aware of the harm of his actions.

I continued, "You lied. You have been caught again. You need to tell me everything." I never forget all the explanations that he owed me.

Pete immediately lower his face. He became distant again. This is what I wanted to avoid the most. I changed my approach. "What is your excuse this time?" I asked him, lowering my voice.

"I... got lost?" He lied again. What should I do to make him finally open up to me? I looked at him and decided to stop asking. Besides, Pa is coming. He can't get caught here.

"You know your way back to your room, right?" I asked him.

"Yes." He answered.