33. Bring You Home

VEGAS

After almost an hour, Pete finally was able to calm himself down and fell back to sleep. Of course, he refused to tell me anything. I also do not want to give him more pressure, I just let him be and held his hand. Once he has fallen asleep, I tuck his hand under the blanket.

I removed his bang, which  covered his forehead to each side which causing him to flinch a little. "It's okay. Everything is fine." I whispered to him while gently caressing his hair.

I made sure Pete was sound asleep before standing up, walking out of the room, and straight up went to the end of the hallway where the door towards the emergency staircase was located. I went through the door and closed it. I leaned on my back towards the door and said,  "You can show yourself now."

I waited for a few seconds. When I was about to leave when he decided to come out and asked, "When did you find out?"

"Just now." I gave him an honest answer. "I suspected, but I've just used my luck." I shrugged.

"Damn it..." He cursed as realisation came hit him.  "That's even worse."

I chuckled. At least one funny thing did happen today. We were called the bright ones for a reason. Kim and I have two years of difference in aged. I am older. Even so, we have always been seen as rivals ever since we were kids, although we never really feel the same way. That was because we never had the same interests. We are mostly just ignoring each other.

It's different from when I am being compared to Kinn. With Kinn, since both of us are the heir of our own family, because we are basically doing the same job, and meeting with people of the same circle, the comparison I have to face is even more worst. Even though both families are seen as partners on the outside, we are actually rivals on the inside.

"Are you following me?" I questioned him, getting back to the serious mode.

"No." He answered.

"Pete?" I guessed again.

"Not really." He shrugged, showing his ignorance.

"Why are you here then?"

"I was following those two people who assaulted Pete, and I just ended up being here."

"They ran away. They are not here."

"Pete is here."

"Explain so that I can understand." I started to lose my temper with all these riddles.

"Depends on what your answer to my question is."

I growled, annoyed with Kim's vague responses. "What question?"

"What do you know about the Anurak family?" Kim asked me. Ugh. This family again.

"I've heard of them, but they are no longer relevant in the mafia world. They are long gone."

"You are no use then. I'm hoping you know something since it seems like there is something between you and Pete."

"What do you mean? Why should I know anything about this? Why would this concerned me? How is this related to Pete?" Although, I really hope there is really something between Pete and I. Pete keeps on building a wall between us. Thinking of it makes me frustrated, but I have to be patient. There is something that stresses Pete out, and I need to know what it is.

"I've been investigating them for a while now. Pete is somehow related to the family, but I can't seem to find out how. Well... I have my guess, but I don't dare to spill it out right now."

"Why?" The fact that even Kim is afraid of something... it must be extremely serious.

"If what I am assuming is true, it wouldn't be great for us. They might be the only competitor that could make Pa feel threatened for his and the family's position." Kim said this while looking all serious.

I hate his expression, and I hate what I am thinking. I asked anyway, "Should I be concerned? About Pete?"

"I think it would be the best for you to keep Pete at somewhere safe. Let them believe that Pete is still in his hometown." Kim suggested. Still... something's off.

"Can you be trusted?" I furrowed my eyebrow. "I mean... if this is something that could do harm to your family, why would you want to help Pete?"

"What do you mean by me helping Pete? And have you ever seen me care about the family?" Kim answered me with questions.

"No."

"There you go." He nodded.

"What the hell are you planning? Are you trying to bring Uncle Korn down?"

"No. Why would I do that?!"

"Then... Why?"

"Because it wouldn't be interesting if the result is something expected."

"What?" I asked in disbelief.

"I just think this would make our mafia world become more interesting. I'm saving all the fun here." Kim grinned.

I felt dumbfounded by his response. Huh! He is even more psychotic than I am.

"You really are insane." I shook my head.

"If I were you, I would bring him somewhere else as soon as I can. It wouldn't be good if the Don's family people found him again." Kim hit my shoulder and immediately left the place.

"Wait-- What?!" I didn't even get to ask him for more questions, and there he goes.

The next morning, I filled in the discharge form and paid the bill on Pete's behalf once he had green light from the doctors to go home. In condition, he needs to undergo follow-up once he arrives in Bangkok.

"I never decide to go back today!" Pete is being stubborn. "I didn't even get to spend more time with grandma."

I let out a heavy sigh. "Pete, what do you think will happen if you stay here?" I asked him. He looked at me. I know he knew the answer, but he refused to answer it.

"You didn't even answer me when I asked you about yesterday's incident." This time, Pete decided to avoid doing eye contact with me.

"Why should I go back to the main family today?" He asked me after some time. " He thought I'm taking him back to the main family mansion.

"Even Khun Kinn and Khun Noo haven't called me for any duty yet. I don't want to go back there! At least... not now." He protested.

"I never said you are going back to the main family." I told him.

"What? Then..." He is getting confused.

"You are going to the minor family." Our eyes locked at each others." I'm bringing you back to the minor family's mansion."

_________

So....it's a year anniversary for VegasPete pool scene bye I'm gonna go hide in the corner and cry 😭