Chapter Twenty Two

Hey! Feel free to leave comments and vote for each chapter! I love talking to you guys in the comments, and as silly as it seems, the Votes really inspire me to keep writing! ❤️ 🐾 🐺

"You've got to be kidding me." I whispered  to myself as Alpha Paul stepped off of the last step and turned to face me.  The dim lighting from the single light bulb hanging from the ceiling cast an eerie glow across his dark features.

"Well, well, well... who do we have here?" he asked in a playfully yet dark tone.  He didn't expect an answer.  He knew exactly who I was, and he knew that I knew who he was.   So I stood there trying to look unohased by his presence even though I was shaking on the inside.

"You're the runnaway Omega. I have to say, you look different. Although I'm used to seeing you coward down and scurrying away. This is the first time I've really seen your face.  You're almost... pretty." he said with a sly smile across his face as he slowly walked towards the cage I was being held in.

I refused to be a victim again.  I wouldn't allow this man, this monster, to scare me into submission.  I had spent my whole life with my head down.  I wasn't sure where this new bravery came from, but I was going to waste it.

"You look different too, Alpha.  The last time I saw you, you were laid out on the ground after Jackson ran over you." I replied.

For a split second, his eyes flashed black, and I could tell his wolf didn't appreciate my tone or my disrespect.   Alpha Paul quickly recovered himself, though, and simply nodded his head in agreement.

He was now directly in front of me.  I could feel the power roll off of him.  It wasn't just the power of an Alpha, but it was laced with something darker... sinister even.  We stood in silence.  It took everything I had to not submit to him.  After a moment, he folded his hands in front of him and let out a small laugh.

"Yes. Jackson did indeed run me over in a desperate attempt to run away with my mate, Izzie."  he said with anger,  lacing his voice. 

This guy was as delusional as he was handsome.

"Jackson didn't run away with your mate. He ran away with me.  So we could be free and together.   Izzie chose to go with us.  She didn't want to marry you." I stated plainly.  

"Are you sure about that, my little Omega?" he asked with a look of amusement playing on his face.

"What do you mean? Of course, I'm sure." I huffed.  I was already getting bored with this conversation.

He stood there a moment longer studying my face.  If he thought he could intimidate me, he had another thing coming. 

Suddenly, his eyebrows quirked as if he had just had an ephoney.  

"You poor thing, you really don't know, do you?" he said as he worried his bottom lip as if he was genuinely concerned. 

"Know what?" I asked.

"Jackson and Izzie have been lovers for quite some time now."

I let out a bellow of laughter.  This guy was funny.  Izzie and Jackson.. .. romantically..

"Alpha Paul, Izzie and Jackson can't stand to be in the same room most of the time.  They're certainly not in any kind of relationship. "

"Is it that they can't stand to be in a room with one another, or is it that they don't want anyone to pick up on their affair?" he said.  Again, I could tell this was a rhetorical question.  

I stood there for a moment, looking at him.  My heart sank in my chest.  What if he was telling me the truth?  What if all this time Jackson and Izzie had been together?  That would be crazy, right?  I mean in no world would Jackson and Izzie be together.

I refused to believe it.  Jackson would've told me.   He wouldn't have any reason to lie to me, and furthermore, why would he bring me along if he was trying to escape so he and Izzie could be together?  It didn't make sense.

"I can see that you're trying to process this.  I really do sympathize with you. " he said.

"You're lying." I said in a low voice.   "You're trying to manipulate me."I hissed in an attempt to convince not only him but myslef.

"I have nothing to gain from manipulating or lying to you, sweetheart. I'm not Jackson." he said with a smirk as he turned and headed back towards the steps. 

"I'll leave you to your thoughts for a while.  We can discuss it again at dinner. "  he said as he walked up the steps.

When I heard the door at the top of the stairs shut, I fell to my knees.  My heart felt like it was in my throat.  I wanted to throw up.  My mind raced with thoughts of Jackson and Izzie.  Had they been together this while time, and I was too stupid to realize it? 

WELL????

WHAT DO WE THINK?

IS OUR BELOVED JACKSON A PLAYER? A MASTER MANIPULATOR?

OR. 

IS THIS ALPHA JUST PLAIN CRAZY???