Chapter Five: The Escape Plan

A low growl came from Jackson's chest as he grabbed me up and spun me around.

"This is amazing! I promise you won't regret it Grey. " he beemed.

Jackson explaind the plan.  We would leave the next day during the wedding. He explained that most of the border patrol wolves had been pulled to be used as security for the wedding.

Everyone would be busy and the Alpha and Luna would be less likely to cause a huge show in the midst of Izzie's wedding. No doubt they would feel us break our pack bond, but Jackson said they would send the trackers discreetly, and we would be long gone by the time the sent them.

I wasn't as certain as he was though. Honestly I didn't believe it would be that easy. After all nothing ever is as easy as it's supposed to be in my experience.

But Jackson insisted that the Alpha and his father wouldn't want to appear weak infront of all the visiting Alphas, and interrupting a huge wedding because they have runaway pack members would do just that. It would make the Blue Moon Pack look weak.

He said to pack everything I could into a book bag that I could easily carry on my back. That wasn't a problem considering I didn't have much.

The plan was to leave right before the wedding started, after the welcoming reception for the guest. Everyone would be too busy mingling and we would be able to slip away unnoticed.

I was still unsure of the plan.  If Jackson was wrong, I would most definitely end up dead.  He may survive because I doubt his father would allow him to be executed,  but they would have no problem killing me.  I was just an Omega, we were a dime a dozen. 

But if the plan did work, and Jackson was right about us living freely in the mountains, the risk would be worth the reward.  And I couldn't stop thinking about what he had said... he wanted to be with me! 

Even though I was excited and anxious I tried to keep my mind and emotions blank just incase someone decided to thumb thru my mind, which wasn't likely but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Later that day I happened to pass by the Alpha's office and I heard loud screams and crying coming from within.

Now I'm usually not one to ease drop.  The punishment for an Omega easedropping is quite severe. But when I realized it was Izzie and she was crying I couldn't help myslef.

I heard Izzie scream, "This isn't fair, I don't want to marry him. If you loved me you wouldn't make me."

A loud sob followed. Then without warning the door flew open and I saw Izzie storm out of her father's office. Her usually smug face was red and wet with tears.

I had never seen her like that, and for some reason in that moment I almost felt a pain of sympathy for her.

Sounds like a solid plan, right? I'm excited see how it unfolds!!! And what is up with Izzie? I thought she was excited to get married??? 🤔

Question of the Day:

If you could have more time or more money, which would you pick?

I think I'd have to go with more time.

Let me know in the comments and thank you so much for being here! Please 🙏 hit that VOTE button! It'll boost the story and my ego! 😆

Be safe and well.. love you forever!