Chapter Twelve

"We have to go now" I pleaded .  "We can't wait for Izz..".

Before her name left my mouth she came strolling around the side of the cabin with her bag.

"Can't wait for who?" she glared.

"I'm sorry. It's just that we need to go now. " I replied .

Izzie slung her bag into the back of the truck and said, "You're right we definitely need to go.  I may have just left an Alpha at the alter but, you just ran away from your actual mate who just happens to be on of the most ruthless Alphas in the world." she chuckled.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Your mate is Heath Maddax, Alpha of the Blood Stone Pack.  They call him the "Blood Alpha" she laughed.  Those mountain packs live a little different than we do. 

He killed all of his siblings to be sure he was the only heir, so he probably won't think twice about ripping your throat out for embarrassing him infront of all those people."

Great.  I'm mated to a killer.  I thought to myself.  How could this get any worse?

"Get in the truck, we've got to go NOW!" Jackson ordered.

As we sped off towards the pack border, towards freedom, I heard a long loud howl pierce the air.  Somehow I knew it was him, and I knew he wasn't going to let me go.

My heart sank. I never thought I'd find my mate, and there was some part of me, a big part of me, that wanted to turn back and run into the arms of a total stranger. 

I felt a pull deep inside of my chest, a longing that felt as deep as the ocean, and I couldn't make sense of the desire to be with someone I'd only met for seconds. His dark green eyes were burned into my mind.

But I had been shackled to a pack all my life.  I've been told what to do, when to do it, when to eat and when to sleep.  The pull to be free was just as strong as the pull to be bound to this Killer Alpha. 

Help me out and hit that Vote button if you'd like to see what happens next!  5 votes to unlock the next Chapter! 

Question of the Day:

Favor fast food?