Chapter Nine

This Chapter is a little spicy! Nothing to over the top though!

I needed to talk to Jackson about Izzie so I tracked his scent down to his cabin by the woods.  I knocked on the door but there was no answer.  I knew he was home so I let myself in.

He was in the shower so I made my way to the little kitchen and started the kettle to make some coffee while I waited. 

The kitchen was rather small but cozy.  As always he had dishes in the sink. By instinct I started washing them as I waited on the coffee and Phoneix.

Staring out if the small window above the sink I noticed two huge green eyes staring back at me through the trees.

I had never seen eyes so green.  Except for in my dream, and that was just a dream.

A few seconds later a large silver wolf stepped into the small clearing between the forest and the window. 

The wolf stood there holding my gaze with his own.  I suddenly felt like I had a fever.  My heart was pounding, my legs felt weak, and my stomach flipped.

I heard the shower turn off and the kettle start to whistle simultaneously, but it all faded into the background.  I couldn't think past those green eyes staring at me.

Suddenly the wolf lowered its head and it's hackles raised.  It inched closer and closer to the window like it was going to jump through it and attack me.

As it inched closer, I moved backwards, bumping into something hard. I let out a scream dropping the dish in my hand.

"Are you okay Grey?" Jackson laughed.

"Yea, did you see the..." I said as I turned around. Stopping mid sentence when my nose and eyes met with Jackson's beautifully sculpted bare chest.

Immediately forgetting about the green eyed wolf, my senses became completely overwhelmed being this close to a naked Jackson .

His smell... Why was I just now noticing how delicious he smelled.  The way the drops of water clung to his dark skin and hard muscles. The warmth of his body drew me in.

His dark blonde hair was wet and pushed back except for a few stray strands that fell perfectly right below his eyebrows, highlighting his honey colored eyes. 

I stood there staring at him, taking in his perfectly sculpted features.  Did he get more beautiful in the last 24 hours?

In a moment of insanity or desperation,  I reached out and placed my hand on his chest, and slowly traced down to his abs.

A low growl escaped his chest as he grabbed my hand. I jumped and tried to pull my hand away, but he held it tighter and pulled me closer.

What in the hell was happening?

We stood there with our bodies pressed together for what felt like an eternity.  Until Jackson leaned down and pressed a gentle kiss to my forehead. 

For whatever reason that small, gentle gesture initiated a fire inside of my body.   Without a second thought I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him.

Jackson instantly deepened the kiss as he crushed my body into his. He ran his hand up my back into my hair, grabbing a fistful of hair and pulling my head back exposing my throat. 

He let out a low growl as he smelled the dip between my neck and shoulder. The place a mates mark would go. As he lingered there, placing gentle kisses a small pleading whimper left my mouth.

He slowly trailed kisses up the side of my neck to my ear.  He stopped and whispered in a husky voice, "Grey, I won't be something you regret" and he pulled away.

I stood there pouting at the lose of contact. 

" If something happens between us I want it to be because you love me the way I love you. If not you'll regret it someday."  he said.

" I do love you" I replied.

"No, you dont" he said with a small laugh.  "Not that way.  Not yet."

We stood there in silence for what felt like forever.  Finally jackson broke the uncomfortable silence.

"Well this couldn't be anymore uncomfortable could it?" he said sarcastically with a smile.

I raised my eyebrows and nodded.

I felt embarrassed and rejected so I said the only thing that came to mind to try and take uncomfortableness off of myself and put it onto him.

"Izzie knows about our plan." I said.  "And she is going with us."

The small smile fell from Jackson's face.

Whew.. that went from weird to weirder.

Who is the wolf stalking around outside? Are we shipping Grey and Jackson?

Question of the Day:

What's your superpower?

Mine is procrastination 😫 😆