Ellie definitely dumbed down how many people were going to be there. It was definitely less crowded than the bonfire, but I was imagining a handful of people and casual conversations.
It was not that. Music was blaring, people were playing pool while others danced around or sat on any pieces of furniture that were available.

Ellie puts her hand on my waist from behind, and encourages me in the direction of the couple that I recognized from last night.
"It's more crowded than I thought it'd be." Ellie spoke to the two strangers.
"Yeah it wasn't supposed to be this big." The girl agreed with Ellie.
"Um- this is Skyler... she's my roommate." She introduced me. It's kinda hurt to be referred to as her roommate, I mean I know I was, but damn you could've just said friend.
The women reached her hand out to shake mine.
"I'm Dina, and this is Jesse." She smiled at me and seemed genuine.
"It's nice to meet you two." I reciprocated her handshake.
"She haven't given you a hard time, has she?" Jesse, the taller man gave Ellie a playful punch to the arm.
"Dude-." Ellie scoffed at him and rolled her eyes.
They three of them seemed close. I wondered if this is where Ellie always vanished to, to hang out with them. They seem like good people.
Ellie leaned down in my ear, making me almost jump from the sudden closeness.
"Do you want a drink?" I felt her warm breath graze past my ear, causing a flutter in my stomach.
"You've read my mind." I quickly composed myself.
She nodded and walked off into the swarm of people.

I was left alone with the couple. I wanted to seem like I was capable of making conversations. My mind was racing trying to think of anything to talk about when suddenly I didn't have to anymore.
"So what's Ellie like as a roommate? We've known each other for a while but I don't know what's she's like to live with." Dina laughed seemingly slightly drunk.
"Oh- uh it's been good." They didn't seem to buy it. The looks on their face said it all.
"Is it that bad?" Jesse's eyebrows go up as he laughs.
"No-no it's not that-" I try to save myself when a hand touches my shoulder.
"Hey- all they had was liquor and beer, so I got you a vodka sprite is that ok?" While handing me the drink, she seemed slightly out of breath. I guess she could sense some sort of discomfort. She looked at me confused.
"Is everything okay?" Her brows were furrowed as she looked at the couple and then me.
"Yes everything's good and vodka will do." I smiled, trying to reassure her.

The four of us held conversations back and fourth. They asked me the simple questions when you first meant someone, like where are you from, what are you studying and so forth and I did the same. Ellie was quiet, but she was listening. Every time I would talk she look at me from the side. She'd occasionally put her hand on my shoulder or the middle of my back. The energy surrounding Ellie was different tonight. When usually she'd keep her distance, tonight it's like she couldn't be close enough.

A few drinks in I was starting to feel a dangerous amount of drunk, like the kind where I forget there's other people around and I might do something stupid. I didn't feel bad about it though, Dina seemed to be on the same level as me. We really clicked she's reminds me a lot of liv, but more nurturing and mature.

The playlist that played throughout the house was a mix of early- mid 2000's hip hop, rock and alternative. Basically it was the shit to dance to when you're drunk and socializing. A song came
On the really piqued my interest. "Do you want to dance?" Dina must have seen my eyes light up with excitement from the first few cords.
"Hell yes." I was grinning ear to ear.

Dina dragged me to the center of a more open space where people established it as the dance circle. We must have been putting on a show. I caught the glances of a few strangers that idled around. I didn't care and neither did she. We were having fun. It was the first time I've had genuine fun since I've got her. We were swaying our hips together and holding each other close. Our hair was both a mess from nodding our heads to the beat and the sweat we were accumulating.