29

EMERY SAID NOTHING when Klaus closed the door behind them once they were in the restroom.

Klaus noticed the shift in her posture, his sharp eyes not having missed the way she stumbled backwards but managed to regain her step just a second later but he brushed it off, not thinking it was anything to worry about.

She couldn't tell what Klaus was feeling at that moment. There was a mixture of anger, regret, guilt and whatnot. She took a deep breath, blinking to get rid of the sudden blurry image. She knew she shouldn't have used her magic but she couldn't just let Klaus hurt Damon.

"Never use your powers on me ever again," he said simply while staring at her.

"You couldn't have expected me to just stand and watch you kill my best friend." She bit back, ignoring the sudden pounding in her head.

"I wasn't going to kill him," he pursed his lips, unaware of the reason why he was even bothering to explain himself to her. "Just scaring him a little bit."

"I don't care," she shook her head, "you were hurting him and I'm not going to let you hurt someone else I care about."

"I hurt and kill people," Klaus said simply, keeping his stare blank as he looked at her while she stood in front of him, her hand gripping the counter behind her, "it's what I do. It's what I've always done and I am not going to stop now, Emery. Not because he's your friend, not because you care about him, not because anything. It's who I am." He leaned in closer, his lips brushing against her ear and she couldn't bring herself to pull away as he lowered his voice, "and who I'll always be."

"You're a dick," she muttered, refraining herself from rolling her eyes. Klaus only chuckled in response as he pulled away, keeping his face inches away from hers. His eyes softened as he stared at her and she frowned at the sudden change, wondering whether he was bipolar.

"But..." he brought his hand up to her face and brushed a strand of her hair away, "I won't kill you though." Her breath hitched at his words.

"But you'll hurt me," she found herself saying. Klaus's hand stilled at the side of her face and a small sigh left his lips. He shrugged, "I'm not a good person, little witch. You've seen it, I can't help myself. I know for a fact that—" he placed his hand on her cheek and softly caressed her skin with his thumb, "— I'll end up hurting you really bad and you'll want nothing to do with me, that is, if I haven't done that already."

"You should know that," she didn't dare look away from his eyes, "it's not that easy to get rid of me."

An amused smile pulled up at his lips, "are you saying you don't want to get away from me?"

"I—" she knew her cheeks were red, "I've never said that."

"But that's what you meant."

"Fuck off," she rolled her eyes, fighting off a smile at the smug look on his face. "I'm still pissed at you for threatening to kill me and hurt my best friend."

"How can I make up for it?" He asked, feigning a curious look. The witch shrugged, "I don't know."

"I can think of something." He smirked at the way she subconsciously licked her lower lips while her eyes flickered to his own.

"I—" he cleared his throat, his other hand going to rest on the side of her neck, "I'm sorry for threatening to kill you. I wouldn't have actually done it. It was just... something I didn't want to talk about."

"I get it," she mumbled, "I should've taken a hint."

"Mhm," he kept his eyes fixed on her lips. "Can I kiss you now? Make up for it, you know?"

The second she nodded, he lowered his head to hers, claiming her lips with his. Her fingers instinctively went to tangle themselves into his hair when he sucked on her lower lip, slowly biting it as he pulled away to breathe for a second. Emery looked up at him through half clouded eyes and only managed to let out a small shaky breath before he was kissing her again, rougher and harder.

He craned her neck a bit to the side before sliding his tongue inside her mouth, their tongues clashing against each other. His other hand went under her thigh where he lifted her and placed her on the counter behind her as the kiss got more heated.

He moved from her lips down her jaw to her neck where he began sucking and nibbling harshly on the skin, standing in between her legs. Emery let out a small gasp when she felt something pressing against her stomach. Klaus groaned into her skin, and let out a string of curses as he dropped his head in the crook of her neck, heavy breaths escaping them.

He then pulled back and ran a hand through his hair in an attempt to fix them. He flashed her a small smirk when he noticed her flushed face and swollen lips. His smirk only widened when he saw the mark he left on her neck. "I think you should probably cover these up unless you want Stefan to see it?"

With widened eyes, she jumped off the counter and turned to face the mirror to look at what he was talking about. "Shit!" She exclaimed, quickly placing her hair on the hickey. When she saw him grinning widely at her, she rolled her eyes, "you're annoying."

"I did nothing," Klaus defended with a childish tone, "I'll leave you to it. Wouldn't want to look suspicious walking out of the restroom like that now, would we?"

"Off you go then," she nodded towards the door. Klaus smiled at her one more time in response before he found himself lowering his lips over hers again, giving her a small peck. "You're addicting," he mumbled once he pulled away, "I'll see you outside, love."

Emery said nothing and only watched him walk out of the door, her heart hammering against her chest as she wondered what the hell was going on between her and the hybrid.