100

PREGNANT.

The word wasn't new to Klaus but it wasn't familiar either. He was over a thousand years old and never once in all those years had he ever thought that something like this would happen.

Was it a blessing or yet another curse?

As he stared at the witch sitting on the edge of the bed, her fingers toying with another as she looked as nervous as ever, he realised that the last thing he should be thinking about was his own self. She was a nineteen year old girl— admittedly the best he had ever met— but a human nonetheless.

Then a thought strike him. Childbirth was painful, he knew that. He began overthinking. He couldn't imagine her going through that pain— more pain again. Some people didn't even survive childbirth. He couldn't lose her if things were to go wrong. He didn't want to imagine a life without her anymore. Eternity without her seemed like the worst kind of punishment. Maybe I could feed her my blood when the time comes just in case. He shook those thoughts away. Positivity, he reminded himself.

Neither of them expected this. Vampires couldn't procreate. It was common knowledge. But hybrids? Apparently, they could. Klaus stood near the window in his home in New Orleans, his hands tucked into his pockets as he stared out of the window.

"We'll figure it out." Emery's voice filled his ears. It was filled with doubt and fear just like her eyes when he turned to look at her. She avoided his gaze entirely. "I mean, abortion's always an option."

Klaus inwardly cringed. The thought of getting rid of the one thing Elijah said could save their family, could be their redemption suddenly didn't sound too well with him. Moreover, he didn't want to get rid of it. Not when this child was not only his but also Emery's. It was theirs. He liked the sound of that. He knew it was a selfish thought. He couldn't possibly ask her to raise this child together unless that was what she truly wanted. After all, Emery had her entire life ahead of her.

But he knew what this was. An opportunity to start something new. A new life with her. A new beginning— a blessing.

". . . But I—" Emery paused, contemplating her words. Klaus waited for her to finish, hope hanging in the air with every second of silence. "I kind of want to keep it." She finally raised her eyes to meet his. "And before you freak out, I know it's kinda insane. But I like that. . ."

"You like that what?" He pressed, wanting to know what was going on in that head of hers.

"That we made something special together." She blurted out, her cheeks reddening as she inwardly cringed at her own words. "And I know I'm too young or whatever but there are people out there who are popping out kids at like fifteen or whatever so nineteen's not bad at all. And I'll be twenty in like six months." She exhaled loudly at her own words, taking a pause in order to not say anything weirder. "My point is, I want this." Then she added, "even if you do as well or not."

"I was hoping you'd say that."

She raised a brow, "you were?"

"I'll always be with you, love. Always and forever, remember?" He mirrored her expressions, a small smile tugging at his lips which sent her worries flying out of the window. "Thought we made that clear months ago."

"I just thought that. . ." she trailed off then shook her head. "Never mind." She narrowed her eyes at him, "are you sure, though? I mean, a child could change everything."

"What's the worst that could happen?"

"I can think of a thousand things right now." Emery muttered which made him roll his eyes. His lips parted, about to say something when she interrupted. "Do you realise that this child is going to be some sort of. . . triple supernatural creature thingy?"

"A tribrid." Klaus said, his voice laced with amusement as he sat down beside her on the bed. "There's a word for it."

"That's insane." Emery breathed out. "He or she is going to be the most powerful supernatural being alive." She shot Klaus a knowing look. "How does it feel to know you're going to be second on the list?"

Instead of answering, he pulled her on his lap, her legs on either side. Emery bit her lip at the sudden action then closed her eyes when he dragged his lips on her collarbone to her neck. He buried his face there, breathing in her scent. "I've been second on the list for quite a while now," he whispered and slowly bit her skin.

Her fingers started toying with his hair as she wrapped her hands around his neck. "Who's first then?"

"You know the answer to that," he muttered against the neck. Emery tried to hold back a moan when his tongue darted out to slowly lick her skin, then he bit her again. Her grip tightened around his hair making him groan at the feeling. She did it again while his hand traveled under her shirt, slowly making its way to her cleavage and up to her neck. He wrapped his fingers around her throat then tilted her head before smashing his lips on hers.

Just as their kiss got more intense, the sound of the door opening interrupted the moment. Elijah stood there, hands hanging at his sides as he took in their position. He blinked then a small smile tugged at his lips. He didn't look bothered by the sight. "I take it all is well then?"

Klaus huffed. "Leave."

"Right, of course." Elijah cleared his throat. He shook his head at the two before walking out of the room, making sure to close the door behind. He couldn't help but release a sigh of relief. He hadn't thought this would go as well as it did. He had to admit, he had never been more excited to see what the future held for him and his family.