81

"WHY ARE YOU HERE again?"

"None of your business," Emery rolled her eyes at Elena, "but I was getting bored doing nothing."

"I thought you'd be busy doing Klaus all da—"

"— He saved your life last night, Elena, don't forget that," Emery shot her a glare, "now shut the hell up, okay? I don't wanna deal with your bullshit right now. I didn't come here for you," she glanced at the Bennett witch who had her arm linked with hers as they walked, "I came because Bonnie asked me to."

"You did?" The doppelgänger asked the Bennett witch who nodded. "What? Em's still my friend despite your falling out."

"And mine," Damon piped in, making his presence known again as he threw an arm around the Grant witch's shoulder, "my best friend, actually."

Emery smiled at Elena who frowned, clearly jealous at the attention she was receiving. "How's the vampire life treating you?"

"I don't want to talk about it," Elena muttered, unable to look at Damon being so close to Emery. It bothered her, not that she'd ever voice it out. "You're a powerful witch, aren't you? Why don't you do a spell for me that can make me stop craving blood?"

"I can't," Emery shook her head as Elena rolled her eyes, "really? Why are you a witch if you can't perform one single spell?"

"Didn't Bonnie already tell you that it's not possible?" Damon's voice came out louder than he anticipated making Elena's frown deepen.

"Yes," the doppelgänger nodded, "but, I heard Emery comes from one of the most powerful—"

"— Drop it," Damon muttered, tightening his grip around Emery's shoulders. The witch was glad that he didn't tell her anything about her curse or her link with Klaus.

"Fine," Elena snapped, "something tells me that college isn't in my future anymore."

"Oh, stop with the pity party." Damon groaned, "if I can go to college, you can go."

"You went to college?" Bonnie asked, amused at the older Salvatore who smirked at her, "sure. Plenty of times. Always had a thing for sorority girls."

"You're disgusting," Bonnie said earning a nod from him as he whispered dramatically, "I know."

When Emery's phone vibrated in her pocket, she took it out and nodded for Damon and Bonnie to keep walking as they let go of her. She looked down at the screen to find a message from Klaus, asking her how her day was going.

She replied with a 'fine' as she remembered what he'd told her last night before they went to bed. How he went to give Elena his blood upon Stefan's request as she was poisoned with werewolf venom and how he'd actually save the vampire hunter, Connor because of something he'd found out. He had also told her everything about the Brotherhood of the five.

The group entered Professor Shane's classroom, the guy Bonnie kept talking about nonstop.

"When I say the word 'witch'," they heard him ask as they settled in, each taking a seat, "what pops into your head? Halloween costume? Villain of a fairy tale? Maybe an ex-girlfriend? Whatever image it is, it's probably not Taniel Sosso of Manjo, Cameroon."

"Is that him?" Elena questioned from her seat beside Bonnie who nodded, "yeah."

"He's kind of—" the doppelgänger was cut off by the Bennett witch, "hot?" Elena smiled, nodding as Damon glanced at her and roll his eyes.

"Now, in reality, or in this reality at least, witches appear to cross every culture in history," Shane explained, "they're the architects of the supernatural; responsible for everything that goes bump in the night from ghosts to vampires to doppelgängers."

Damon scoffed, "what is this guy, Witch-apedia?"

"Shhh," Bonnie rolled her eyes, "shut up."

"Now, if you're a skeptic, you'd call that a coincidence," Shane continued, "but, if you're a true believer, you know that there's really no such thing. It scares the crap out of us."

"What if I'm a ripper?" Elena questioned as Damon leaned in to answer to her. Emery chose to ignore their conversation altogether and fished her phone out again before beginning to send useless texts to Klaus for the sole purpose to annoy him.

EThere's this professor here. His name's Shane and oh my god- He's just so fine.

The three typing dots appeared a second later. Emery bit her lip to contain a smile as she waited for his reply.

K — Is that so?

E — Yep. You should see him. He's so jaw dropping. And he seems to know a lot about witches too.

K — Does he know about vampires as well? What about hybrids? Is he aware of how deadly they can be? I don't mind showing him.

E — Jealousy looks good on you.

K — I'll show you just how jealous I am when I get my hands on you again, love. Just wait a few more hours.

E — You're all talk.

K — We'll see about that. I'm going to make you beg for me, little witch.

"Ew," Damon faked a gag beside her making her almost drop her phone, "are you sexting right now?"

"What? No!" She whispered-shout, horrified that he'd think that but then again, that was Damon. The older Salvatore only snickered in response.

"Am I interrupting you guys?" Shane's voice had the two snap their attentions to him. He raised his brows at them, "Or is it maybe the other way around?"

"I was just saying how much I love witches," the vampire said calmly earning an nod from Shane who muttered, "yeah, you and me both, brother." He looked at the other students while Damon and Emery exchanged a look. "Alright, listen, we should probably talk about the readings that none of you did."