99

"I CAN ASSURE YOU, I am a lot of things but pregnant is not one of them." Emery refused to believe the truth even though it was right in front of her eyes.

"You are pregnant with Klaus's child, Emery." Sophie repeated for the hundredth time. "It's the truth. I have a special gift of sensing when someone is pregnant."

"I don't believe in your words." Emery stood up from the chair she was sitting on. "I'd rather take a pregnancy test like any other normal human being."

"Emery," a familiar voice made the witch snap her head in the direction of the door. Her brows arched at the sight of an original vampire.

"Elijah?" She frowned, unsure as to why he was there or how he knew she was there. "What are you doing here?" Before he could reply, realisation hit her. "Wait, is Klaus here as well?"

"He is," Elijah offered her a nod. "Katherine left him a letter, informing him that the witches here were conspiring against him so he came to see what all the commotion is about. However, he has no idea that you're here." Relief flooded through her at his last sentence. "But, he'll find out soon enough."

"Great." The Grant witch threw her head back. "Why are you here?"

"I decided to come see what was going on here as well," Elijah replied, his eyes flickering to her stomach. "Apparently, it's you."

"Don't tell me you believe this crap," Emery was internally begging him not to. She didn't want to be pregnant.

"I can hear it," Elijah approached her, his voice soothing. "I can hear the heartbeat."

"It's my heartbeat." The witch shook her head in denial. "Not some baby's."

"Emery," Elijah sighed. He could understand the inner conflict. After all, she was just a teenager. A baby was a big responsibility. He placed his hands on either side of her shoulders and pulled her close. "Deep down, you are aware of the truth."

He was right. Deep down, she knew. She had been feeling sick a lot these past few days. But the thought of being pregnant never crossed her mind since as far as she knew, vampires couldn't procreate. It had never happened before.

Emery slowly exhaled, feeling as if someone was cutting out her air supply. "This can't be happening."

Elijah shot her a sympathetic look as he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close. Emery let him, seeking comfort in his embrace. "Everything is going to be alright, Emery. I am here for you, no matter what."

Emery buried her face in Elijah's chest. "I'm nineteen," she whispered, her voice barely audible. He wouldn't have heard if he didn't have supernatural hearing. "I—"

Elijah interrupted, a hand running through her hair as he spoke, "you are strong, Emery. And I will be here every step of the way, know that. I'll support you, no matter what you decide to do. But I must ask you to at least let Niklaus know."

"Bro's gonna freak out."

Elijah broke the hug, then looked at her with a brow now lifted in amusement. "It's Niklaus. Of course he will freak out. But rest assured, you know my brother will do anything for you."

Emery took a deep breath, a hand going to her hair as she gripped the strands tightly. "I don't like this."

"Everything will be alrigh—" Sophie was abruptly cut off by Emery. "Stop saying that."

"I'm just trying to help."

"Please don't. Just stay out of my business." Emery muttered, irritated at Sophie. She brought her fingers to the sides of her head and began running her them in small circles. Her head was pounding.