96

"ELIJAH, BEING HUMAN means a fresh start," Rebekah said, her eyes flickering to Emery who was sitting on the couch beside Klaus, hating how much she envied the witch. She desperately wanted to be human. "I can grow old and have a family and fill my names with meaning, knowing that each one manners."

Klaus let out a short laugh, "well, that was poetic."

"Well, if you can provide us with a more compelling reason for wanting the cure," Elijah sho his brother look, "Klaus, please."

"Silas can appear as anyone," Klaus leaned forward. "He got inside my thoughts, convinced me I was dying. He will torment me until I give him the cure."

"And in doing so he will break down the wall to the Other Side." Rebekah added.

"So it doesn't trap him there when he dies. He wants to reunite with his lost soulmate," Klaus turned his attention to Elijah, "you of all lovesick fools should applaud his devotion."

"He will open the floodgates for every supernatural being that has ever died."

"Including our dear brothers, Kol and Finn," Klaus said, not sounding like he had a problem with it.

Elijah looked at Emery who had been silent the whole time, biting on her lower lip as she ran over all the possible things that could happen if every supernatural who ever died were to walk the earth once more.

"Including the Grant witches," Elijah mumbled finally making the witch's eyes snap up to meet his. "Emery's ancestors will also be back." She hadn't thought about that. Of course they would— they were witches; therefore, supernaturals. Elijah shifted his eyes back to his brother, "do you know what that means?"

"A family reunion?" Klaus asked, raising his brows in confusion.

"A shit ton of angry, vengeful and powerful witches," Emery muttered in realization.

"Precisely," Elijah's lips twitched at her language. "And who will they seek revenge on?" He asked once more, the question being directed at Klaus who let out a loud sigh, then threw his head back and groaned. It was the last thing he wanted to deal with. But then again, he didn't want to be tortured either. "We'll deal with it when the time comes," he said with a hint of finality in his voice. Look on the bright side, we'll have our family back."

Rebekah scoffed, "please, you hated Kol and you kept Finn in a box for most of his life."

Klaus turned to the older original, wanting him on his side. "Elijah, please."

"Your personal discomfort might not be sufficient reason for putting the entire world in jeopardy, Klaus," Elijah said. "I think our sister deserves a shot at happiness."

"Tell me you're joking," Klaus's brows shot up. "Tell me you're not fating me to an eternity of torture."

"I made my decision."

The hybrid clenched his jaw, frustration filling his entire self as he swiftly stood up and leaned down to speak into Rebekah's ear. "When you're sick and dying, and you beg for my blood, I will laugh in your face and compel you to forget me." With that, he walked out of the room.

Just as Emery stood up, Rebekah cleared her throat. "Will I be seeing you at prom?"

"I don't think so," she replied, giving her an apologetic smile. "I'm not feeling very well, sorry."

"It's okay," Rebekah waved it off, narrowing her eyes at her. "You look rather pale, you should rest."

"I will," she said. "Have fun at prom though. It was good to see you again, Elijah."

"You too, Emery." The original vampire gave her a small smile followed by a nod just before she left the room to give them some privacy and to go talk to a certain hybrid.

The witch arrived at the room where Klaus was, his back to her as he faced the fireplace. His eyes were fixed on the fire, several thoughts running through his mind. He smelt her before she even entered the room, heard her footsteps when she was still in the hallway. Waking up beside her again felt like a dream to him, he didn't think she'd get over what he did to Carol. But then again, she had somehow gotten over the fact that he killed her aunt.

"Do you share the same opinion as they do?" He asked her, breaking the silence. She hadn't said a word since she entered the room, and only stared at him, wondering what to say.

"Kind of," Emery replied after a moment. "This whole other side thing is a bad idea. . . but you shouldn't suffer either."

"Silas can get inside my head," he turned to look at her, his eyes filled with anger. But he didn't raise his voice as he spoke to her. "He got to me by taking your form. I won't go through that again."

"You won't," she took a step towards him. "I'm a witch too, remember? I can help you. I can put up some sort of shield in your mind, or whatever."

He shot her an amused look, and the sudden mood shift baffled her though she made no comment about it. "And do you know how to do that?"

"Your lack of faith in me is insulting," Emery said, rolling her eyes at his tone. She may be an inexperienced witch, but she didn't need any spells to do what she felt like doing. It was one of the reasons why the Grant Witches were so powerful. All she had to do was use her mind, her imagination.

"You know that's not the case," Klaus said. "I do have faith in you, love. I've had so since the very beginning. Haven't I made that clear enough?"Emery only shrugged in response. He shook his head, exhaling softly through his lips. "So, when are we doing it? The whole shield thing?"

"I've already done it," she bit her lower lip when he shot her a surprised look. "Last night."

"When we were. . ." Klaus trailed off, his brows furrowed as he awaited a confirmation. She nodded which resulted in him pursing his lips. "And you couldn't have told me this earlier?"

"I forgot," she shrugged.

Instead of saying anything, he reached out to her, a hand going around her waist and the other one to the side of her face before he pulled her closer. "You're amazing," he muttered, his thumb grazing her lower lip. "But I heard Silas is powerful. What if he somehow manages to break it?"

"Then I'll just put it back up again," she wasn't sure what was going to happen but she needed to reassure him. "Although, I doubt he'll be able to do it. I guess we'll have to wait and see."