95

"KLAUS?" EMERY CALLED out as she walked out of their room, her brows furrowed in both fear and concern.

He wasn't beside her when she woke up, and she briefly remembered him telling her that he was going back to bury the bodies of the witches last night. She hadn't seen him ever since considering the fact that she had been sleeping this whole time which she found weird because she wasn't a heavy sleeper. Yet, she slept for over 9 hours. She still felt unwell, but it wasn't as bad as last night.

"Kl—" The rest of the witch's sentence was cut short when she reached the living room. Her eyes widened at the sight of Klaus. He had his shirt off and he was on the ground, his arms around himself. "What the hell happened to you?"

"Go away," Klaus muttered gruffly, his jaw clenched as he stared at her. "You won't fool me again."

"I—" Emery shook her head, confused, "what?"

"I said," he shot her a glare, "go away."

"You're clearly in no position to give orders," Emery muttered, wondering what was wrong with him. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"I need more time," he said, raising his voice. "Stop hounding me!"

"I'm hounding you?" Emery raised her brows. "You're out of it." She took a step closer, "let me help—"

"Go away," he shouted once more making her flinch. She blinked at him while he stared at her like she was an entirely different person. "I told you, I need more time. Leave."

"Yeah no," she cleared her throat. "I'm not going anywhere. Especially not when you're like. . ." She pointed a finger in his direction, "this. So you're gonna have to suck it up and let me see what's up with you. Okay?"

Klaus furrowed his brows, his lips pursed. "Emery? Is it really you?"

"Who else would I be?" She asked back, tilting her head to the side in confusion. "Please don't tell me I have an evil doppelgänger."

The hybrid breathed out a sigh of relief. "You don't." He started taking deep breaths, his body shaking as he struggled to pull himself up. Emery stood there, watching him, unsure of what to do. He sat on the piano seat and leaned back against the piano. "Silas," he began, his expression filled with pain. "He stabbed me with the white oak stake. There's a—" he paused, "a piece of it stuck inside me."

Emery released a shaky breath at the words that left his mouth. "That happened last night?" She didn't give him the time to answer as she hurried towards him. "Stand up, and turn around."

Klaus let out a groan as he used her hand for support and stood up. He turned around, placing his hands on the piano to hold himself up. Emery stared at his back, swallowing. She wasn't sure what she was going to do, but surely she could do something. She wasn't about to let him die.

Placing a hand on his back, she closed her eyes and used her magic to try and get the white oak stake out. However, she frowned when she felt nothing. There was no piece of white oak stake whatsoever inside him.

"What is it?" Klaus asked, feeling as though something was wrong. "Did you get it? It hurts like hell."

"No, not exactly," she cleared her throat. "I mean, there's nothing in here."

"What do you mean?" Klaus groaned when another sharp wave of pain hit him. "There is. I can feel it."

"I swear, there's nothing in here." Emery repeated, staring at his back. She tried the spell once more for good measure. "Except your insides, that is."

"It's inside me. I can feel it," the hybrid groaned in frustration. "Grab the pair of pliers on the ground and cut it out of me."

"But—"

"Do it." He cut her off, his tone sharp and voice filled with pain. "Now."

"Okay, okay," Emery muttered to herself as she bent down and picked up the pair of pliers. She wasn't sure why but the sight of blood was making her want to throw up, that had never happened before. She blamed it on the sickness and tossed the thought away, deciding to focus on the problem at hand instead. "Don't move."

"Okay," he breathed out, gripping the edge of the piano tighter. "Do it."

With much hesitation, Emery finally dug the plier in his back. She swallowed, her nerves all over the place as she did as she was told. "I'm telling you," she started again, moving the plier around while internally cringing. "There's nothing here."

"There is—" the rest of his words were cut off by his own shout of pain through gritted teeth when she went a little rougher. Emery bit down hard on her lips, muttering a small apology. "Sorry, I'm sorry—" she paused, sighing. Then she took a step back "there's literally nothing in there."

"I can feel it moving." Klaus groaned in frustration. Why couldn't she understand? He was in pain. What was going on?

"Maybe that's all it is," Emery muttered in realisation. "Maybe it's just a feeling." He turned around swiftly at her words, looking at her as if she had lost it. "Perhaps, it's all in your head."

"It's not in my head, Emery." His tone was condescending, "I can feel it moving." He repeated. "I would've known if someone was messing with my head. I have experience in that department. I'm—" he cut himself off, his brows furrowing.

Emery tilted her head to the side, urging him to continue. Instead, he just shook his head and let out a shaky breath. "The pain. . ." he whispered, blinking. "It's gone. It was. . . It was never there. Silas got inside my head." He sounded troubled by the fact, and the witch couldn't blame him.

If Silas managed to do that to him, then what could he do to the rest of them?

"I told you so," she mumbled, her eyes assessing his figure. "You look like hell."

"You look better than you did last night," he shot back. "How are you feeling? Still sick?"

"No," she shook her head, tossing the pair of pliers on the ground. "I feel fine. Go take a shower, then we'll deal with whatever's next."

"Care to join me?" He asked, all traces of pain and fear gone from his features, and replaced by an emotion Emery couldn't quite decipher. "In the shower," he clarified, "it's been a while since we did that. Save water and all."

Emery's brows raised on their own at his words. If she had to be honest, she did miss him, and all the fun they'd have together. "Tempting," she cleared her throat.

"I know," he dropped his voice. "So, what is it going to be? Do you have anything else better to do?"

"I can find something better to do for sur—" she was unable to finish her sentence as he lowered his head and claimed her lips. He groaned against her mouth, feeling as if he was kissing her for the first time all over again. Emery relaxed against him, her hands around to rest on his chest as she returned his kiss with the same passion and hunger. She had never felt so needy in her entire life, that part was confusing her.

However, all her thoughts went out of the window when one of his hands grabbed the back of her thigh and lifted her up then in one swift move, turned them around so she was the one against the piano. He placed her on top of it, continuing to ravage her lips. His tongue danced around hers, all thoughts of Silas and whatnot completely fading away. All he could think about was her, and what was to come.

Emery wrapped her legs around him, pulling him closer as he moved from her lips to her neck, nibbling, sucking and licking all over her skin. Her eyes were closed in pure ecstasy, her fingers threading through his hair as he continued to pleasure her while one of his hands slipped underneath her shirt.

"We were supposed to. . ." She managed to speak in between her moans and ended up biting her lower lip accidentally hard when he sucked harshly on a particular spot on her neck. "Shower," she finally breathed out, fisting his hair.

He only hummed against her skin, "we'll get there," his easily tore apart the shirt she had on with a hand, making her glare at him. Then she remembered that it was his own shirt and chose not to care about it. "Eventually."

⎯⎯ ˖

No further details this time. Just this once tho. I'm sick rn so I'm not in the mood to write smut. This will have to do. Sorryyy 💀