CHAPTER 031 : eerie silence

"Jake, what are you doing?! This isn't the plan!" I whisper through the earpiece. A dull ache forms in my throat as I hold back more tears.

Suddenly a large Tulkun emerges from the water and falls onto the ship. Completely crushing anyone below it.

Payakan.

Jake and the other Metkayina start to charge forward so I take that as my queue.

From the clouds I rain down my pink and green featherd arrows.

I shoot a pilot in a helicopter and it falls from the sky. I take out another chopper that attempts to leave the ship.

Not on my watch.

I feel a bullet graze my thigh and I scream out. Sparing a glance behind me I see the culprit.

Fucking Quaritch.

He drives his Ikran towards mine, I swerve and spin to avoid the metal shrapnel.

My saviour flys up from the water below and shoots back at Quaritch. Successfully leading him away from me.

I loop Tiri around and together we take out the other Avatars that we're on Ikrans.

Green and pink arrows litter the air as they impale the enemy.

I look down in slick as the ship starts moving forward at full speed. Is crashes into a huge rock and starts to fill with water.

A light flashes in my eyes and I hold my hand up to cover the eclipse's blinding glow.

It's dark now. But just light enough that I can see a group of Na'vi huddled on a rock.

I order Tiri to fly down there.

The image I'm met with is one of my worst nightmares.

"No no no! No! Neteyam!" A scream leaves my throat. Lo'ak is putting pressure on a bullet wound on his chest and Jake is cradling his head.

Teyam groans in pain. "I w-want to go home." Hot tears leak from his eyes. I hold his hand and my whole body shakes as sobs wrack through me.

"I know, I- I know. It's okay, we're going home." Jake reassures him. He looks up at Jake.

"Dad... I-" Then, he stills. His whole body relaxes and his pupils dilate.

His grip on my hand loosens and all the hope leaves my body. A piece of my heart gets taken away with him.

"No. No! NO! Neteyam! No! Please, this isn't happening!" Screams leave my throat as hands try to calm me. Anger and the need for revenge courses through my veins. "My son! MY SON!"

I cradle his head in my arms. My tears fall into his hair Lo'ak is sobbing next to me and Jake is trying to be strong. Spider and Reya cry quietly behind us.

"Do you hear me Corporal? Yeah? Yeah I think you do. I've got your daughters. Same deal as before. You for them." My wails cease to shaking as I hear the demons horrid voice in my hear.

Then, all I see is red.

More hands grab and pull at my shoulders. I hiss and scream as I imagine Quaritch.

But it's Jake. Tears stream down my face, creating clean lines against the dirt.

"Lexi! Listen! Listen to me! They have our daughters. I need you with me. I need you to be strong. Right now, strong heart." There's no more crying from me.

No more shaking, no more tears, no more wailing.

Just eerie silence.

Only eerie silence as I step away from my eldest sons dead body, only eerie silence as I mount Tiri, only eerie silence as I load my bow with a bloodstained pink and green arrow.