The Chamber Has Been Opened

James was in the training room blowing off steam as he obliterated targets around the room.

James stood sideways with his head down and his wand held firmly in his right hand as his hair fell over his eyes which held immense anger.

Around the room, wooden targets lay on the ground smoking from firey or explosive spells, some with large holes in them, and others shattered or obliterated.

Looking around at all the destruction, he breathed and calmed himself.

Naga came slithering into the room rather quickly as James noticed this. He had let her out of tattoo form to let her roam the castle after being stuck as a tattoo for most of the summer, so he was confused about why she was rushing back to him.

Kneeling on the ground, James held his hand out to Naga as she slithered up his arm.

"Master," Naga spoke as she came to lay herself across his shoulders. "Something is moving in the castle. Something big and hungry," she said as James's eyes narrowed in confusion.

"Take me to it," he said before leaving the training room and the dungeons.

As he left the dungeons, he could hear very faint whispers.

"That is it, master. Follow that sound," Naga said as James ran down the halls, occasionally stopping to ensure he was going in the right direction.

He heard the voice moving away from him and ran in that direction. He came around a corner to find Harry, Hermione, and Ron standing at the end of the hall, looking at something hanging from the wall.

Looking closer, James could see that the thing hanging from the wall was Mrs. Norris, Filch's cat.

Harry, Hermione, and Ron then caught James staring at them. James realized they would blame him and backed away just as he heard people coming.

At that point, students coming from the Great Hall after dinner converged on Harry, Hermione, and Ron. James seamlessly blended in with the other students as he hid among them. The students stopped when they reached the trio as they all gasped and looked at the writing on the wall.

"Enemies of the Heir, beware," Draco read aloud before turning to glare at Hermione. "You'll be next, Mudbloods," he said, making James's blood boil with anger as he was about to make good on his promise to Malfoy when Filch made himself known.

"What's going on here?" Filch barked as he pushed his way through the students. "Go on, make way, make way," he demanded as he pushed students apart before standing in front of Harry. "Potter... What are you?" he stopped as he noticed Mrs. Norris hanging from the wall behind Harry.

"Mrs. Norris?" Filch questioned shakily before his eyes returned to Harry, filled with anger.

"You've... murdered my cat," he said in a calm kind of anger which was scary in its own way.

"No. No," Harry denied.

"I'll kill you," Filch stated with an insane look in his eyes before grabbing Harry by his shirt. "I'll kill you!" he yelled.

"Argus?" Dumbledore's voice shouted from the crowd as Filch let go of Harry just as Dumbledore and the other professors arrived before stopping as they stared at the wall in shock.

Seeing their shock, James finally looked at the wall and read what was written.

"The Chamber of Secrets has been opened. Enemies of the Heir... beware."

Upon reading that, James's eyes widened slightly for a split second before he quickly regained his composure as his eyes met Harry's.

Harry had spotted James in the crowd out of the corner of his eye as he looked to his brother to see his face held no emotion as he didn't react to the message. Harry narrowed his eyes at his brother, but his attention was grabbed when Dumbledore spoke once more.